Thursday, March 17, 2011

Too Cool Not to Share

by Crazy Ivan

One of the coolest things about Myachi is the way that it inspires creativity.  When people get into the game, it seems like they always end up using their other talents along with their blossoming Myachi skill.  Whether that's Maverick revolutionizing Myachi foot tricks, Monk adding Myachi to his flair routines, somebody using their editing skills to put together awesome YouTube videos or someone using their love of writing to start a Myachi Blog, it seems like Myachi has room for every skill.

I just got a reminder of that and it put a smile on my face that should at least last the rest of the day.  One of our local fanatics mentioned to me the other day that he was entering a pinewood derby and using his favorite Myachi for the car's design.  When I heard it, I kind of half-begged him to bring it in when it was done.

Anyway, he just left and it was every bit as cool as he said it would be.  It was so cool, in fact, that I had to grab a couple of quick photos before I could let him get out of here.  So without further ado, I present to you the world's first Myachi-based pinewood derby car, the "Bubble-Wrapped Racer":

Photobucket
A good side view.  Don't know about you, but I'm totally getting the same paint job on my car.
So in case you're curious, no he didn't win the race.  There was, however, a prize for best design.  I'd tell you that he won that prize, but I'm pretty sure you already guessed it.

As cool as it is from the "passenger's" side, it's even cooler when you see the groovy addition he put on the "driver's" side:

Photobucket
Yeah... that's Myachi tag.  No powerloop, but hey, we can't complain.
I'm sure the addition of the Myachi tag didn't exactly help the aerodynamics or anything, but man does it add some style points.  Not sure if you can read it with the slight blur (and the poor resolution I had to use for blogspot to take these pics), but below the word Myachi it reads, "Made by Luca".  Afterall, it's not a work of art until you sign it.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. WICKED!!! Great Job Luca!!! I Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is about the most cool thing I've ever seen! Great job! All my mates down under are digging it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I used to do that for cub scouts... Before I was maniac.

    ReplyDelete