Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Memories of Maniacs Past

by Pinky

I was just sitting here thinking about all the great Maniacs I have met or just talked to and thought I would share a few memories with all of you:
When I first started with Myachi I was working in a Mall in St. Louis with Crazy Ivan when I met a little girl named Christina. Her parents owned a nail salon a little ways down from us and her favorite thing in the world was coming to hang out with her “Achi” Friends.
Christina was about 4 years old and was often wearing traditional Vietnamese clothing with her beautiful long black hair flowing down her back. She was so cute! She had a little trouble playing, but boy did she love to try.
Her other favorite thing was showing us how she could snap her fingers. She had to put her little hand right by your ear, but sure enough you could hear a faint little snap! I lost count of how many times she would fall asleep at our stand and I had to carry her to her parents shop to finish her nap. She cried when we left and today she would be about 11 years old.
-----
There was also little Alexis at Dollywood, she was 8 years old and had mad skillz! Her parents worked at Dollywood too, so the lucky girl got to hang out with us all summer long. She loved to come and enter all of the Golf contests we had and thought Crazy Ivan was the coolest.
The day we were leaving she brought me a little care package with snacks and a little note saying how much she loved having us to hang out with all summer. I had also gotten her a parting gift, a little mug with her name on it and of course a couple of sacks…. She would be about 13 now.
-----
These are just a couple of the fond memories I have of some of the maniacs I had the pleasure to hang out with, but there are many of you out there that I have not even met face to face but have talked to on a daily basis for years now! In a lot of ways I have seen you grow up and maybe even offered some advice from time to time to help you along the way. To all of you and to those of you who are reading this but have never spoken to or met me I just want to say that to me, you are the celebrity. You are the ones who make what we do worthwhile and so important. It is because of all of you that I love what I do so much. Watching you all grow from a newbie who’s first words are often “I can’t do that!” to confident and talented maniacs who put some of us Masters to shame, is the greatest feeling in the world.
Although I stay pretty busy at the Myachi Headquarters, I want you all to know that I am out there, reading your forum posts, watching your videos and sitting on the sidelines watching you all become dedicated and very helpful members of the Myachi Family. I’m kinda like big brother in that… well, except there isn’t much big about me and there are a lot of things I assure you I don’t want to see…. If there is anything I can help you with or any questions I can answer for any of you, I am always around.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and remember to keep up with this blog, it’s the coolest thing since sliced bread! (never understood that saying as I don’t think there is much cool about sliced bread… I mean you can eat it and all but there are way better foods out there….) I can be reached at pinky@myachi.com or through our Facebook page or this blog, so what are you waiting for?!

1 comment:

  1. Remember that time I called you up and accedently said..."Hey Dragon it's Pinky!" lol

    ReplyDelete