Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Making of Meeting Night

by Crazy Ivan

In my opinion, there is one place where Myachi has consistently disappointed its loyal Maniacs.  That place is YouTube.  Sure, we have some videos up here and there, but we don't have anywhere near as much as you guys and gals deserve.  In fact, if it wasn't for all the awesome shreds that Myachi players across the country (and the world) put on YouTube we'd just have a handful of videos floating around amongst the billions.

As many of you have noticed and pointed out over the last month or so (and you're welcome, by the way), we've been making a concerted effort to change that by putting out a lot more stuff.  It started with the Trick of the Day videos but we were getting swamped with requests for more stuff like "Sack Center" and "Sidewalk of Skills".

So a couple of weeks ago Myachi Man turns to me and says, "Ivan, make more stuff like Sack Center and Sidewalk of Skills."

I've been messing with it for almost 3 weeks now and it's been hard to find time to do a lot of the location shooting but I put together the video "Meeting Night" (embedded below) as a response.  Along the way I actually put out a couple of teaser videos because I couldn't resist showing everyone this shred and, of course, what I look like buried in 10,000 Myachis.

I went ahead and labeled all the locations in the video for those who've never been to NYC so there's not much to tell.  I basically followed the guys around as they did what they do everyday.  I did make poor Bamboo spend about 7 hours filming with me on his day off and I managed to film the whole thing without getting so much as a hint of Kore in it, but I'm still pretty happy with what we got.

(Watch the video sure, but don't forget to read the rest of the blog afterwards because the next bit's important)




Alright, hope you got some relaxation while you were watching that video because this next part requires your involvement.  Tell me what you think!  We at Myachi are committed to giving our customers every thing they want when they want it and how they want it.  One of the many ways we want to do that is by providing you with the very best in free entertainment.

But to be our best, we need your input.  Let us know what you want to see.  Believe me, we'll do whatever we have to do to give it to you.  We're like that.  I mean, if you need proof, somebody asked us to get a video of me buried over my head in a pile of Myachis and we did that.

By now you know the drill.  Leave a comment in the comments section below or shoot me an email at crazyivan@myachi.com (or, of course, leave a comment on the YouTube video).  Let us know what you like in our videos, what you don't like, what you'd like to see more of and what you could do without.

And if you have a crazy cool idea, believe me, I know just the guys that are willing to do some pretty crazy stuff if a Myachi is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment