Saturday, March 5, 2011

How I Became a Myachi Master: Part Two

By Crazy Ivan

(continued from yesterday)

At Bonnaroo you live like a caveman; no showers, no shelter, no amenities.  You come home dirty and stiff after camping out for three days in a field with 10,000 other people who were also showerless.  This is a long way of saying that it’s fun but when you make it home, you’re glad to be there.

On my first day back I showered, are until I was ready to burst and slept.  On my second day, I called the Myachi Man.

When I’d first gotten my Myachi I figured it was a cool game but I thought I would have it mastered in no time.  It wasn’t until I really started playing with it that I realized just how many challenges awaited me.  Suffice to say in the two days since I’d met the Myachi Man I’d hardly put the thing down.

I called him on a Monday afternoon and we chatted for a while.  It turned out his company had a summer gig at the Dollywood amusement part which, by fortuitous coincidence, was about 10 miles from me house.  He needed two more guys to demonstrate the product there so before the conversation was over he had hired me.  On my recommendation he also hired my buddy Mojo, a guy who I occasionally did juggling shows with.

Myachi Man wasn’t in town but he had some guys there already.  We arranged to meet them the following morning at a gas station near my place so that we could get past park security and start our new jobs.  When 8 in the morning came, we were dutifully standing in front of the Chevron and scanning the cars as they drove in.

“Did you ask what they’d be driving?” Mojo asked.

“I didn’t even think about it,” I admitted.  I’d never met any of the people we were supposed to hook up with and none of them had ever met me.  How would they know who we were when we saw them.  “I’ve got an idea.”

Mojo turned, eyebrows raised.

I pulled out the Sour Apple Green I’d gotten at the festival.  “We should just jam with our Myachis.  That way when they pull in they’ll see us right away.”

“Good call,” Mojo said with a nod.  He’d also picked up a Myachi at Bonnaroo so he pulled out his Black Bear Shag and we both went to rocking them out.

I was getting pretty into my game so I hardly even noticed when Mojo slipped his Myachi back in his pocket.  “I don’t think we have to worry about them recognizing us,” he said staring behind me.  “I think we’ll know them when we see them.”
Photobucket
Not what you'd call subtle...



I turned around to see the Myachi Mobile, complete with larger than life cartoon characters playing Myachi.  I grinned and put away my Sour Apple.

I could already tell that I liked my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment