Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Forum is Back!

by Crazy Ivan


Ah, the spine of Myachi's online community is straight once more.

Our forum never really left, but it did enter into a shadowy domain of irritating whiteness for a long while.  Any of you who have frequented it recently don't need me to tell you that it was aesthetically repulsive.

The problem arose when the forum provider up and disintegrated on us.  We were suddenly locked out of some aspects of the administration section and other sections wouldn't respond at all.  It not only made the forum a pain to look at, it also made it a pain to use.  One post bled right into another, signatures were indistinguishable from text and things were generally messy and disorganized.

Much to my surprise when I checked it today, things were essentially back to normal.  The segmentations were back and the forum looked the way it was supposed to (minus a few Myachifications we'd made in the past) and all the admin controls were working once more.

Have to share a funny story about how I found out.  MMFL, an acronym familiar to anyone who ever spent time on the forum and anyone who has been a regular reader of this blog for more than a week, caught me on Facebook this afternoon linking a post to the last entry.

"Have you seen the forums?" he asks.

"Not today..." I reply.

"Oh, dude... you need to check it out."

My first assumption is that somebody had hacked it or spammed the heck out of it or that it had descended further into unfixable disarray.  The last thing in the world I expected to find when I went over there was a fully functioning forum.

Okay... maybe the story wasn't all that funny.  You had to be there.

Anyway, long story short: If you've tried to sign up with our forum and had trouble in the past, I urge you to give us another try and I am confident that we'll be able to get you going this time.  Also, if you signed up successfully and left because it was so unruly and ugly, feel free to come back to a much easier to look at forum any time.

You'll find it here.

...and yes, all the hyperlinks lead to the same place.

2 comments: