Monday, May 16, 2011

Two New Myachis Arrive!

by Crazy Ivan

Technically I have the day off today but as our regular readers know, the words "day off" don't mean the same thing in Myachi as they do in the rest of the world.  Off or no, I still have blogs to write, contests to judge, FB messages to answer, an order to place for FAO Shwarz and, of course, a Trick of the Day to record.

For a few of those things, I needed to get some stuff off my computer and there were a few things at the office that I needed to clear up before I head out for a school assembly in Jersey tomorrow.  So this afternoon I loaded up and headed out to HQ.

And man am I glad I did.

Turns out that two packages arrived from Pakistan this morning.  And I'm sure you've probably already guessed that they were filled with awesome new limited edition Myachis.

The first is one that was arriving late.  It was supposed to get here about 5 days ago for a fund-raiser that the Salk School of Science was doing to raise money for Tsunami relief in Japan.  They had a huge event on Friday about it and even though we didn't have the Myachis there for them to sell, Animal and Noodles brought regular Myachis and sold a bunch of those.  All the proceeds, of course, are going straight to Japan to aid in their relief efforts.

I should note that one of our Myachi Blog all-stars also made it for the event.  Jaleel, the dude who won the Photo contest and has placed in a number of our other contests (for example, the awesome lizard pic in the Australian Art contest) hung out at the booth and earned his STWAKOJ stripes all night.

And now the school gets to also sell all these Myachis to raise even more money:


Looks kind of orange in the picture, but in person it's closer to red.  From what I've seen, there will be a lot of wideboards in this run and if you've had the opportunity to jam with a Theatrix (and my guess is that you haven't) you already know how incredibly jammable the fabric is.

The back of the sack has a really cool image of the Japanese flag as well:



These sacks will go on sale at the school first, but if they have leftovers I will keep everyone posted on how they can pick one up.  It's one of those win/win things where you get an awesome Myachi and you also know that you're contributing to a good cause.

But that's not the only one that came in today.  There was also a shipment that came in on time and it's a sack that I've been looking forward to for a couple of reasons.  The first is that it's a fund-raiser for one of the most Myachified schools in New York City.  The second is that it's essentially the same fabric as the TJP13.


For those that don't know, the Town School is home to some of Myachis biggest rising stars and it was just a matter of time before we saw a Town School Myachi.  I'm not sure exactly when it's going on sale of where they'll be distributing it, but I can promise you that when I know, you'll know shortly thereafter.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say the Forum sack XD

    And where in Jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, DGH! I should have thought of that (especially when I said I didn't know what the next custom sack would be) and I should have started this whole entry out with the words "Neither of these are the forum sack".

    I'm not sure where in Jersey we're going to be, but I'll find out tonight and shoot you a pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't think about it right away but I did think "woah is the Forum sack in!?" lol


    Hey Ivan, let me know if it'd be possible to score one (or both!) of these somehow... I'm thinking about adding a couple sacks to my collection and a nice PakiSack is always good. Plus, if I can buy one of those Salk sacks, it'd be great to contribute to their fundraiser as well

    -MMFL

    ReplyDelete
  4. super excited about the town school sack. Can i go to whatever event they are holding?

    ReplyDelete