Saturday, May 7, 2011

Australian Art Contest Winners

by Crazy Ivan

The time has finally come.  The delays are finally over.  The submission are now in.  The winners are listed below.

But first, let me continue to build suspense (assuming you didn't just scroll to the bottom to see who won) and take a few seconds to thank everyone who took the time to make a submission.  I should also extend a thanks for the patience that everyone showed as this contest got delayed over and over again.  Between conflicting reports of Animal and Mav's return, problems with my e-mail and late submissions, I wouldn't be surprised if some of you started thinking we would never get around to announcing the winners.

But we did.  And I should say that they were really worth the wait.

As I said before, there will be prizes for the top 3 selections.  The grand prize is an extremely hard to come by Theatrix Myachi with 5.0 sacks going to 2nd and 3rd place.  I'm also happy that I withdrew as a judge for this competition because honestly, a number of entries could have taken the top prize in this contest.

I'm going to give you our top 5, though 4th and 5th place will win only the recognition of knowing that their submissions were too cool to leave out.  It was (as I understand it) a really tough decision to pick one winner, but even tougher was deciding which of the awesome entries would have to be left out of the top 3.

So without further ado, let us begin with number 5:

 Honorable Mention: The Evicted Kangaroo


PS Apparently, there is absolutely no way to orient this picture correctly.  Photobucket switches it sideways no matter how I orient it, as does BlogSpot.  Endless frustrating effort and yelling at my computer was unable to fix that.

 Honorable Mention: The Australian Godzilla


 You may recall this same creepy looking dude from our "Picture of Your Myachi" contest... turns out that sucker is indigenous to Australia, making him all the more useful for Myachi contests.

And now for the prize winners.  In third place we have this groovy comic strip entry by our boy Flyer:

 3rd Place: International Myachi Meet-Up




The limits of this blog don't really allow me to render this in a size where you can read all the dialogue, so rather than making you squint, I'll simply transcribe it here:
     Rolling Thunder: "G'day Mate"
     ABITW2: "'Sup?... Wish I'd seen more Australian wildlife while I was here..."
     Rolling Thunder: "Well, there's an Australian cat right there."
     ABITW2: "Yeah, but we've got those in the USA."
     Rolling Thunder: "...ours are poisonous."

 2nd Place: Animal Hitches a Ride



Made by the CW, the same contributor that earned honorable mention for the evicted Kangaroo above, this was actually the last entry I received.  Made me happy that I delayed the end of the contest as much as I did.

And finally, our Grand Prize winner and proud owner of a new Theatrix Myachi, forum favorite and veteran Myachi Maniac Rotscale with this surprisingly detailed submission:

 Grand Prize: Why Do They Say "Down Under?"


You would think based on these entries that the only wildlife Australia has are kangaroos and poisonous Saber Tooths, but as it turns out, they also have koalas and platypi.  I guess kangaroos are just better at Myachi.

So thanks again for all the great subimissions and the obvious time and effort a lot of people put into this contest.  There were several other awesome entries that I had to leave out, but to all those who entered and did not win, I can only say thank you and I hope you'll try again in our next contest.

Oh, and winners can get in touch with me through the forum since Myachis email is temporarily down.  Just shoot me a pm or a message of Facebook and we'll work out the details of getting your prizes shipped out (or setting up a date/time you can pick them up from Myachi HQ or FAO Shwarz).

No comments:

Post a Comment