Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Myachi Writing Contest - 3rd Place

Finally got all the kinks worked out and the entries judged.  We'll be presenting the top 3 over the next two days beginning with our 3rd place winner.  2nd place will be revealed tonight and the winner will be announced tomorrow.

There were a lot of solid and very creative entries, but perhaps none was as creative as this one.  Here, a maniac re-imagines his Myachi history through the lens of a reminiscing pirate:


Why I Play Myachi
The Pirate Version

I will tell the story of how and why I came to be playing Myachi as a Pirate Story. (explanation in parentheses)

The First Encounter- Age 10

The ocean was calm and I was sailing across the seven seas. (It was a nice day and I was playing during recess.) When suddenly I spotted a peculiar bird falling onto a small island. (Somebody threw a Myachi really high and I saw it fall on the play ground.)

I sailed over and asked the islanders what it type of bird it was and they said it was a Myachi. (I asked them what it was and they said it was a Myachi.) I then asked the islanders where they found the peculiar bird. They replied, "We sailed in a mighty flying boat to the far away New York Island. (I asked where they got it and they said they got it after they flew to New York.) I had no way of getting to New York Island so the islanders being very nice gave me the bird. (They gave me the Myachi.)

I left the island and returned to my quarters and set the bird down to examine at a later time. (I set it down in my room.) About a week later the dang bird must have flown away for I couldn't find it anywhere. (I lost it.) The bird left my mind and I never thought of it again. (I forgot about it.)

The Return- Age 14

It had been long since I had thought of the metal boat of the strange bird, the islanders had relocated, and I had grown much as a pirate. (I hadn't given the Myachi or New York more thought, the people who gave it to me moved, and I got older.) I was setting sail in search for The Big Apple during the time of rain and growing. (I was going to New York for spring break.) There were so many ports to pillage. (There were lots of shops.) At  last I had found the big apple. (I saw the Apple Store.) So I explored but I couldn't even get in for the room was too full of other pirates seeing New York Island. (It was too packed to get in.)

I sailed around and saw a sign from above advertising the big pipe organ. (I looked up and saw the sign for the big piano in FAO Schwartz.) I ventured inside and immediately noticed a whole flock of Myachi flying around and more still being sold to pirates. (I saw the Myachiagon and remembered Myachi.) The horse-man was letting people play with the birds while the other whose name was skeleton was making the bird fly all around his feet in amazing ways. (Mavrick was teaching people tricks while Bones was doing foot tricks.) I needed that bird, so I paid the horse-man 8 doubloons for a black bird with the local constable initials stuck onto it. (I bought a black NYPD Myachi.) I stayed for the horse man to train me, for I have never before seen the birds do more than fly high then plummet to the land. (I hung around while Mavrick tought me tricks. When I was 10 all people were doing was trying to throw it as high as they could.) I would have stayed longer but flying boats cost a whole treasure chest and I needed to get back to Texas coast to learn and become a better pirate. (I had to leave and get back to school.)

"Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming. What Do We Do? We Swim." -Dori from Finding Nemo

I had returned to Texas and trained my bird some more. (I practiced some more.) My mail boy came and told me that my magic portal of knowledge had a section specifically for these remarkable birds. (I found out Myachi had a Facebook page.) I ordered another sea worthy bird for me and one for my kin who just got to the second stage of boating school. (I bought a tidal wave blue for me and a tidal wave red for my sister as a graduation present.) I looked in the portal 7 suns later and saw there was a contest for the best narrative about why we use the fantastic, never dull, super fun, easy to learn, and impressive looking birds. (I looked on face book and saw a contest for best story on why I use a Myachi. Because they are fantastic, never dull, super fun, easy to learn, and impressive looking.) I fly the bird and I wait for it's mate to arrive, all the while sailing to my mates ships and showing them the Myachi.

(STWAKOJ)


-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment