Monday, May 9, 2011

A Contest For Tricksters

by Crazy Ivan


As many/most/all of you know, each day I put a new trick up on You-Tube as the "Trick of the Day".  At first I just scoured You-Tube for good trick videos and linked them on FB and Twitter, but after a while I ran out of videos to use and had to start making my own.

That was back in January and I've been at it ever since, recording a new video every weekday and sharing it with the Myachi world at large.  It occurred to me yesterday that I'm only a month away from doing my 100th Trick of the Day video and I wanted to make it into something of a celebration... but how?

And then as idea struck me and I decided to turn it into a contest.  And for the prize, I decided to put up two of my all time favorite Myachis... the two that, in fact, appear in more Trick of the Day videos than any other: My uber-yummy, sumpoy Yellow Jacket and my uber-wideboarded Oaxaca.

That's right, two of my personal jam-sacks are going up on the block and will be given to somebody who is reading this right now (along with a 5.0 of their choice).

Now, I don't want my personal jammers going to just anyone, so I've concocted a pretty tough contest to determine who will get them.  So here's how it's going to work:

Contestants will make a video of them doing a series of tricks.  They will do as many of the "Trick of the Day" moves as they can in one single shot (no editing) without a drop.  Whoever can put up a video with the most tricks in a row wins.

Seems pretty simple, right?  You just look over the list of tricks I've recorded (listed below) and do as many of them in a row as you can without a drop.  Once you've got it on video, just upload the video and let me know (email me at crazyivan@myachi.com, PM me on the Myachi Forum or link your video on our Facebook page).

Whoever has the video with the most tricks by Tuesday, June 7th is the winner and gets my delicious Yellow Jacket (and a 5.0 of their choice).

But there will be a second prize as well.  In addition to rewarding the person who ends the month with the most tricks, I will also award a prize (that Oaxaca and a 5.0) to the person who has led the pack for the most days.  In other words, if you put up a video that has more consecutive, dropless tricks than anyone else, even if somebody puts up a video with more tricks at the end, you could still win.

That means it is in your best interest to put together a video quickly.  The faster you can get one up, the more likely you'll be to take that 2nd prize so time is of the essence.

Keep in mind that I will be a stickler on getting the tricks right.  If you pinch, palm or body trap between the moves, the video won't count.  All tricks have to be done cleanly and on camera (no moving out of frame for a catch) and if the video quality is too low (too dark or too pixelated) to make out exactly what you're doing, the video won't count.

Below is a list of all the tricks I've recorded for the trick of the day so far.  If you're not familiar with one or more of them, don't worry... they're on video.  Check the official Myachi You-Tube page and me personal You-Tube page (crazyivan1976) to find all of these tricks demonstrated along with trouble-shooting advice along the way.

If there are any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.  I'm guessing a lot of people will have a lot of questions so rather than just emailing me your inquiry, leave it below so everyone can see it (and my answer to it).

Keep in mind that as the conttest progresses, I'll still be adding more Trick of the Day videos.  That means that while the best you could do if you did a perfect video right now is 79, by the time this contest is over you'll have been able to do 99.  This means that the winner here will largely be the person who is paying the most attention.

Also, keep in mind that you don't have to do the tricks in any particular order.  You can select just the tricks you think you can do.  You can do them in whatever order you choose (though I'd start with the easiest and get a little tougher one trick at a time if I were you) and you can leave out whatever tricks you think you'll miss.  Remember, it's not about who does the toughest tricks or the coolest video... it's just about who can get the most tricks into a single, unedited video.

Here's the list.  Remember, tricks that aren't on this list won't count toward your total!


Ahead of the Class
Ankle Breaker
Aqueduct
Armageddon
Atlas
A-Train
Back O Line
Bandit
Batman
Brain Freeze
Brontosaurus
Bruce Lee
Butterfly Clipper
Butterfly Stall
Cap Wrap
Casper
Cell Phone
Clipper Delay
Clipper Kick
Crypto
Dragon Clipper
Drop of Death
Duck
Electron
Figure 4
Fist Stall
Gemini
Gui
Half Pipe
Headstone
Hop Over
Illusion Fusion
Infinite Under the Leg
Infusion
Instep Stall
In Wing
Jedi
Juggling Split
Jump Rope
Kelly Slater
Kick Spit
Mantis
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Melon Stall
Mind Grind
Muay Thai
Osis
Osis Step-Over
Outstep Stall
Pendulum
Pepe Le Pew
Pez Dispenser
Pinocchio
Pistons
Popeye
Popper
Pteradon
Pterodactyl
Punisher
Reverse Roller Coaster
Reverse Step-Over
Reverse Under the Leg
Roller Coaster
Samurai
Shackle
Shoe Snap
Slash
Sleeve-O-Line
Smooth Criminal
Sole Clipper
Sole Stall
Space Cowboy
Spider Under the Leg
Split (Horizontal)
Split (Vertical)
Springboard
Stegoaurus
Step Over
Stiff Arm
Subter-Fusion
Swashbuckler
Swordfish
Tail Grab
Tailwhip Spilt
Thinker
Toe Stall
Transformer
T-Rex
Triceratops
Tripod
Triple Split
Tunnel
Two Myachi Cold Fusion
Ultimate Fighter
Upper Cut
Yoga Under the Leg

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment