Friday, May 20, 2011

The One You've Been Waiting For...

by Crazy Ivan
A delivery truck pulled up to HQ this morning and we got excited.

Delivery trucks show up here all the time, of course.  We have office equipment, computer equipment, promotional materials and stationary showing up all the time so normally it's no big deal.  But this wasn't a UPS truck and it wasn't a FedEx truck.  This was a DHL truck.  And the only people who ship to us via DHL come out of Pakistan.

We crowded around the box like kids at Christmas as Kid Myach broke it open.  And it was exactly what we were hoping to see.

The Forums Myachi:


Of course, as many of you recall, we all pretty much agreed right away about the design for the front of the sack.  There was a bit of contention, however, as to the back of the Myachi.  Somepeople were set on the word "jred" (the domain name of our forum) while others wanted "STWAKOJ" (our favorite acronym).

There was a debate that got heated at times, but I think ultimately it was for the best because after taking a look at the back side of the sack I figured we'd clearly made the right decision in the end:



Just seeing it was enough to wake me right up sans-caffeine today, but of course, I didn't want to just look at it, I wanted to jam with it.  So I pulled one out, popped the booklet off and got to jamming.  As you can see from the picture above, it wideboarded with a minimal amount of effort.  The fabric is almost exactly the same as the TJP13 so you know it's a good jammer.

What you might not expect was how quickly it was a great jammer.  I would have been really disappointed if this sack had been anything shy of a superb jammer and I suspect I would not be alone in my disappointment.  Luckily, that was not a concern.  This sack is as jammable as any Myachi I've ever seen fresh out of the diaper.

I freely admit that I have a tendency to get excited about new Myachis and have, in the past, been guilty of overselling a particular Myachi.  Perhaps once or twice before I've declared something to be the "best ever" only to find a few weeks later that my excitement had gotten the best of me.  So, as tempting as it is to say that this is the all-time most jammable sack ever, I'm not going to make that claim.

Instead, I'm just going to show you what happened when I took a brand new one out of the diaper, stretched it wide and crumbled it up like a bad poem:


...and I'll leave it to you to decide how jammable it is.

PS We still have not met the $ minimum to ship these sacks out.  I will get the details from Pinky and post a thread on the forum to bring everyone up to speed on when these will be shipped out.  All I'm going to say here is that if you wanted in and haven't gotten your money to Pinky yet, get on that.  Once people see how jammable they are, they'll go quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment