Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Sad, Sad Sight

by Crazy Ivan

I should admit that since we got word that the Myachigon was coming down, this blog has taken a decidedly depressing turn and way too many of my entries over the last few days have been lamentations about the greatest sales display that ever was.  It's been a common thread through so many entries now that I hesitate to bring it up again, lest I just turn the whole tone of this blog.

But I had to share these pics.

Today was the first day that I've been back in the office since we broke the Gon down Monday night.  I had not properly prepared myself for the shock of walking in and seeing her lying around in bits all over the HQ.


I knew it was going to be here and I was actually kind of excited to see it.  Had it not been for an awkward automotive situation yesterday, I would have done the brawl last night with the pieces of the Myachigon sitting around in the background.  I even considered using it for the background on my trick of the day video, though after seeing how depressing it all looks, I'm having second thoughts.

There's also the issue of room.  It turns out that the Myachigon takes up a lot more room when it's not set up.  With all the constituent parts lying around the office it takes up almost twice as much room as the actual assembled Gon.


Piles of steel trussing stand in your way as you move toward the supply closet, giant diamond plated half walls block you as you try to restock the Coke cooler.  And forget about playing any ping pong today...


But, of course, not everything here is bad news.  All this stuff will look really cool once we get it set up around HQ.  Looks like we've got more than enough Myachi-related awesomeness to polish the look of the whole place.  And if nothing else, we've also got these hanging around:


Probably took you a second because you're looking at the backs and they still have the braces attached, but yeah... those are the six big screen TVs that were hanging around the Gon.  Like I said... it's not all bad news.

1 comment: