Friday, May 6, 2011

Have I Told You How Awesome KickStand is?

by Crazy Ivan

I talk a lot about various Myachi Maniacs on this blog.  I've been with this company for so long and have immersed myself so deeply in the Myachi community that half the people I know in the world I know through Myachi.  I've never met Downtown or MMFL or many of the other omnipresent members of our online community, but I still count them amongst my closest friends.

When I do mention a member of the forum or a Maniac of note, I usually add in something like, "respected Myachi Maniac so and so..." or "the incredibly skilled such and such..." or "the perennially helpful so and so..." (I've actually never described anyone as perennially helpful, but you get the idea).

But, of course, I can never get around to mentioning all the maniacs that have helped us over the years.  This blog would be nothing but a list of nicknames if I tried for that.


And let's face it, this would make for a pretty
boring entry.
That being said, I feel that I've made a grave oversight up to this point.  A mutual friend pointed out that in the 3 months that I've been writing on this blog I've actually never mentioned Kickstand (aka Kikstand, aka Coreyster).  Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of Myachi Maniacs that I've never mentioned on the blog, but this one came as a real surprise.  I actually had to do a search on the blog to confirm it, but it turns out that this concerned friend was right.

Now, anyone who has been active on the forum for a while will recognize exactly how odd this is.  Kickstand has been a part of the game for a long time.  He's been a member of our forum since 2007 and has been an active part of the movement for that entire time.  He's followed Myachi through middle school and on into high school.  For his Bar Mitzvah he produced one of the 3 greatest jamming Myachis of all time.  He's done a bunch of YouTube videos (like this one, for instance), he's made up dozens of tricks (like the Kickstand, for instance) and he's taught countless people how to play the game.

Yet when I wrote my poem about the forums being down, I neglected to mention him altogether.  Ditto yesterday when I wrote the quiz about the forums.  Likewise every other time I've mentioned Myachi Maniacs on this blog.

This pin seems to have a hypothesis on this.
Like I said, he's certainly not the only Maniac I've yet to mention here.  There's an extensive list of well-deserved shout outs that I have yet to make, but I don't think there are any this bad.  We're talking about a dude who got into the game almost four years ago and had been a constant presence in our online community ever since.

I'm not sure if Kickstand has noticed this discrepancy.  It was a mutual friend that brought it to my attention and knowing how selfless the dude usually is, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this occurred to his friend before it occurred to him.  So hopefully that's the case.  Hopefully he's reading this right now and thinking "hey... I guess he hasn't mentioned me."

But if that's not the case, sorry, Kickstand (aka Kikstand aka Coreyster)... the type of glaring oversight that is bound to happen from time to time.  It certainly wasn't that I was intentionally erasing you from the annals of Myachi history... just an honest mistake.

Incidentally, if you're a member of the Myachi community and you think of someone else that deserves a big Myachi Blog shout out, let me know!  I'm human (they did DNA tests just to make sure) so I will overlook things and make mistakes so I'll need everyone's help when my brain fizzles from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ivan! This article made me fell like crying. (In a goos way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved, bro. You've stuck with us for a really long time and I shouldn't have had to be reminded. You've been a big part of this community for a really long time and I'm sorry if you ever got the feeling that your contribution was being overlooked. Nothing could be further from the truth.

    ReplyDelete