Friday, June 3, 2011

Finally, the Winner

by Crazy Ivan

If you recall correctly, when I first announced the Myachigon Tribute contest I told everyone to use whatever medium they preferred.  At first I considered making it strictly a poetry contest, but eventually I decided to widen it.

I said in the introduction to the contest that your tribute "...could be a drawing, a poem, a photoshop, a true story, a fictional story, a collage, a sculpture... whatever you want".

Despite that, virtually all the entries were stories or poems, but one creative contestant decided to sum up the Myachigon in a photograph.  Two photographs, actually.  Given that the key to winning the contest was, as I stated in the original post, creativity, it seemed quite appropriate that this one would be the winner.

So a quick thanks to everyone who got involved.  It was really touching to read through everyone's entries and remind myself that the Myachigon meant as much to many of you as it did to me and the other Myachi Masters.  I really appreciate these entries, perhaps more than any other contest we've ever done on this blog.  Everyone deserved a prize but unfortunately I only had one to give away.  I'm sure you'll all agree that it is well deserved.

In the end, there was much debate at the House of Skills over the various entries, but the winner was eventually chosen unanimously.  It comes to us from our good friend and veteran Myachi Maniac, Kickstand (aka Coreyster):

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but that's the Myachigon, recreated with Myachis, tubes and a Bill Buckle.
And one more pic from the top:

One of the few times a Myachi Maniac ever said, "I wish
I had a few more long-boards..."

So thanks again for all the entries and congratulations to Kickstand!

We'll be announcing another new contest on Monday so if you didn't win (ie you're not Kickstand), don't worry, you're never too far away from the next contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment