Friday, June 10, 2011

Excuses, Excuses...

by Crazy Ivan

Normally, I'm a pretty punctual guy.  I hate being late for stuff so I always leave way early and end up milling around for a while.  I'm always an hour early to Bar Mitzvahs, I never show up late to the office and when there's any chance of me being late, I start to break out into a cold sweat.

And then I started this blog.

Now I'm late getting contest announcements up, I'm late getting Wednesday quizzes up, I'm late getting prizes mailed out, I'm late getting break-in tests done and I'm late, unfortunately, getting Myachi Master Shred Videos orchestrated.  I can offer as an excuse that getting Myachi Masters on the same page can be like herding cats sometimes, but that's just an excuse.  In truth, we got so caught up playing Fu at the meeting the other night we barely even brought it up.  So no, sorry if you were waiting with bated breath for videos from Mav, Animal, Monk, Noodles, Bones, Unknown, Rush or myself that were supposed to debut today.

It all started so simple.  I pointed out on the blog that I've still never put up a shred video in all my years with Myachi.  I mentioned it and set a date to rectify the situation.  Then Bones brought up a Myachi Master Shred Contest, which seemed like such a good idea that I couldn't pass up on it.

I mentioned it to all the guys and they got fired up and excited, and then promptly forgot all about it until I reminded them the other day.  But as of today it looks like some of the guys haven't even filmed anything yet and others haven't even started editing.  In my attempt to organize a Myach Master shred video, I have failed...  At least for the time being.

But all is not yet lost.  While we can't necessarily get all the Myachi Masters to post videos at the same time and get a whole vote thing going, that doesn't mean that we can't all still post those videos we were working on (or in the planning stages of).

And 1,000 apologies for getting everybody fired up about it.  And 1,000 more for letting my own shred video get so infinitely delayed because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment