Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What a Long Day...

by Crazy Ivan

On most nights, the House of Skills quiets down pretty early.  Animal is usually in bed by eleven and by then Kid's already asleep as often as not.  Mav's usually holed up for the night by midnight.  Monk stays up all night, but he's usually in his room, maticulously studying fantasy baseball stats or whatever he does.

This is good for Pinky and I since we usually stay up late and live in the basement.  It's an old house so every time somebody crosses the dining room or the living room, the creeking floor echoes through our room.  In fact, you might have heard how creeky that floor is on some of the Trick of the Day videos I've done there.

Anyway, normally the floor quiets down by 11 or so.  But for the odd midnight snack from Mav or Monk, my room is usually comfortably quiet.  But not last night.  Animal's girlfriend was out of town for the weekend and got home late, so she came to see Animal at about 11.  Mav had a buddy over.  Bones and Bamboo were crashing there so that they could leave early with us, but instead of getting some sleep, they stayed up until 2 in the morning playing Magick with Monk.

Needless to say, my room was far from quiet.  I was tossing and turning and wishing for industrial strength earplugs until after 2.  Of course, 1 or 2 in the morning is when I usually get to sleep, but I usually try to get up earlier when I have to wake up at 4 in the morning.

So I get up this morning on less than two hours of sleep.  And then I drove for 13 and a half hours.  And now I'm at the cabin and I'm about to edit the Trick of the Day video...

Basically, this is all a really long explanation of why I can't write a very long blog post today.  I can barely keep my eyes open at this point and I still need to shove some food into my head before I pass out.  So I promise something with a little more detail tomorrow (including a quick video tour of our new cabin), but for tonight this is all I can manage...

1 comment:

  1. Played magic until 2 am? Why was I not invited!?!

    Still hoping that you guys are staying in the same cabins I was when I went (see the comment on last blog entry :P)

    ~Rotscale

    ReplyDelete