Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Belch 720

by Crazy Ivan

One of the major perks of my job is having a place in the House of Skills.  Five of the coolest people I know live in that house (and that's not including myself, of course), so whenever I feel like I'm not having enough fun, I just go see what Animal's doing and do some of that.  And if he's not around, I'll see if Mav wants to jump on the slackline.  And if he's not around I'll see if Kid wants to play some basketball.  And if he's not around I'll see if Pinky wants to play some Scrabble.

But I think pretty much all the Myachi Masters agree, Monk is the most fun to hang out with.  He's funny, he's good at everything, he's up for anything and he's always smiling.  That being said, I was pretty stoked last Sunday when I found out it would be Monk hanging at HQ with me.

We shot some video, played some MYACH, sold some sacks, had some fun.  It was a pretty slow day and it was gorgeous out so we did some long distance passing in the parking lot.

About two in the afternoon or so, Landslide and his brother came in with their dad to hang out.  Note that I say "and his brother" because when he came in he didn't have a Myachi nickname.  On his way out, he did.

If you really follow this blog closely, you'll recall that on Sunday I blogged about playing Myachi basketball and dads playing along with the kids.  Anyway, these are the cats I was talking about then.  They'd just come from a baseball tournament and were killing a few hours before they went home.

So after a while I get sucked into some other pressing concerns (knocking Animal off the high score board) and Monk is teaching these guys a few new moves.  At one point, he turns to Landslide's brother and he asks him if he can force burp.

And he can.  Because he's a dude.

I'm not sure exactly why it came up, but Monk started challenging his powers of burping.  Eventually, the challenge became "do a 720, but burp every time your hand goes over the Myachi, and burp again when you catch it."

And he did.  Because he's a dude.

His dad's cracking up.  His brother's cracking up.  Monk and I are rolling.  And he's steady trying it, hard at work trying to nail the "Belch 720".  It's the third burp on the catch that's giving him trouble (that's a lot of burping in a short time), but he's getting close.  And he's trying so hard that I'm afraid that he's going to accidentally make himself puke.

If he had, I never would have written a blog about it, but it would have been the funniest/most disgusting story in Myachi history.  Instead, he eventually nailed it, we all had a good laugh and we found him a nickname.  Thanks for the memories, Belch!

No comments:

Post a Comment