Friday, June 17, 2011

Dollywood, Day One

by Crazy Ivan

So here it is, quarter after seven in the morning and time to get this show on the road.  I don't have time to write much.  Bamboo and Bones are still getting ready and in a few minutes, we'll be heading out to the kick off of Kid's Fest.

I'm mad fired up about it, though it doesn't look like the weather is going to be too accomodating.  Half of me is fired up and excited and the other half of me is reminding itself that we're in for a really long summer.  13 hour days of STWAKOJ for the next two months will no doubt take their toll.  It's been half a decade since I've done an assignment like this and I made the mistake of getting five years older in the last five years.

We went in last night to set everything up and I found myself way more nostalgic about the place than I expected.  It was almost like a family reunion.  They gave us a spectacular spot right near the entrance so we'll see everybody who wanders in.  Should be a crushing year.

The unfortunate side effect of working for 13 hours is, of course, that there won't be many updates on the blog today.  I'll get back to the cabin at about 9:30 tonight and I'll provide a rundown of the day's highlights.  I'll also be getting the Trick of the Day up mad late, though if I have a chance, I'll film it in the park.  If it was possible, I'd film it from aboard the Thunderhead Roller Coaster.

Anyway, gotta grab a bite while I still can.  I'll have time to elaborate a bit more tonight.  If you just haven't gotten enough of my random rambling, feel free to come visit me at Dollywood and I promise to ramble until you get bored with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment