Thursday, April 28, 2011

When The Forums Are Down...

As many of you know, our forum has been down for almost 40 hours now.  For those that frequent Jred.net on a daily basis (like myself) this can be extremely frustrating.  I want everyone to rest assured that we have our best people (Pinky and Kid) working on this problem right now and hopefully service will be restored by the time school lets out today.


But in the meantime, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on the temporary loss of our beloved message board.  I feel like I should apologize to those who aren't on the forum though, as very little of what follows will make any sense to you at all:


-----


When the forums are down, I cannot connect,
  with some of my best friends online.
Now the forums are down, I know cause I checked,
  and it frustrates my need to opine.


As we patiently wait for the forum's return
  I'm left to quite plainly face,
What a role in my life the forum has earned
  and how often I visit that place.


It seems twice an hour as I sit at this Mac,
  despite knowing Jred won't load,
I'll click on my favorites and find myself back
  at a page with some error code.


I'll wonder if Downtown is back there and posting,
  I'll wonder if Monki is well.
I'll wonder if Mantis is pridefully boasting,
  And joking with MMFL.


I'll wonder if Gold is done with his contest,
  I'll wonder if Rotscale won.
I'll wonder if Bones is still being modest 
  And if Fresh's next episode's done.


I'll wonder if Champ has done any STWAKOJ,
  Or if Katana's made up a new trick.
I'll wonder if DGH has programmed
  Something complex and awesomely sick.


I'll wonder about CMC's collection,
  I'll wonder if Claymore's been back.
I'll wonder if there's any news worth reflection
  Regarding the new forum sack.


But foremost of all as I sit here and wonder,
  The thing that I'll ponder the most,
Is when we can get our forum from under
  Such a poor, unreliable host.


My hope is that soon, and I mean within hours,
  I'll be on there starting a thread,
Because Kid Myach will summon the powers
  And bring Jred back from the dead.

2 comments: