Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Tearful Admission

by Crazy Ivan

Have you ever done something that started as a joke and then got too big?  What began as a seemingly harmless lie seemed to grow legs of its own and expanded into a web of deceit?  Well, I've had a situation like that over the past few days and it's really been gnawing at me.  I guess it's high time for me to come clean.

I, Crazy Ivan, am the super-hacker responsible for the PlayStation Network debacle.

It started innocently enough.  I figured online gaming addicts were a waiting submarket for Myachi if only we could get them out of the basement long enough to play.  I figured if I broke in and hamstrung the system it would send thousands upon thousands of pasty skinned, Mountain Dew stained introverts squinting into the sunlight and hearing the rustling breeze for the first time.

As it turned out, that didn't happen.  Instead of coming outside to play, they stayed indoors and made PlayStation commercial parodies and put them on You-Tube.  (I'd embed one, but I couldn't find any that didn't describe PSN in language inappropriate for this blog)

So anyway, sorry about that.  I'll have it back up tomorrow or the next day and Sony has graciously agreed to leave my name and involvement out of it during their press conference.  Still, I felt like I owed the world a mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment