Friday, April 8, 2011

Bon Voyage Animal & Mav

by Crazy Ivan

The day of departure has officially arrived as I sit down to write this.  Mav went to bed early and Animal hasn't come home yet.  The minute of midnight ticks past and in 18 short hours two of my friends and fellow Myachi Masters will be boarding an Australia bound plane.  18 hours later they will still be on that same Australian bound plane.

I guess it goes without saying that Kid Myach was a big hit down under.  Myachi was an even bigger hit and already we've been called back for an encore performance.

I can't say I'm not a bit jealous of the guys.  The New York winter just won't seem to cede to spring and right now it's 81 degrees in Sydney.

I also can't say that I won't miss them.  These guys are my coworkers, my roommates and my friends and they're trip is going to have them touring Australia for almost a full month.  The House of Skills will be darn quiet without them (well, mostly without Animal... Mav's a pretty quiet dude when he's not doing foot tricks).

I actually won't get a chance to say goodbye to either of them.  I'll be in the city at a conference from about 9 am until long after they're gone and being that their 22 hour flight begins at 6 in the evening I doubt either of them will be up by 8 tomorrow.  This blog is my way of informing the Myachi public where the movement is taking us, but it's also my way of saying "safe trip" to Mav and Animal.

These guys are heading to a foreign land with nothing but a ton of Myachis and a few longboards.  We fully expect to see the whole continent rocking by June.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure kangaroos have epic footskills. lol

    Tell them to bring back some Thatrix for me to buy/trade please ^_^

    ~Rotscale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do on the kangaroo foot shreds and the Theatrix, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for either...

    ReplyDelete