Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Busy Day of Trades, Parties and World Records

by Crazy Ivan


Wow... I am so slacking on blogging today.  It's after seven and this will be my first entry of the day.  Usually I like to be on my third by now, but today was so busy I couldn't manage a few minutes to sit down until now.

Monk and I were out at HQ together today.  We open at 11 o'clock on Sundays but we got there a bit early.  We pulled in at 10:45... right behind our first customers of the day.  It was a maniac from Manhattan and his dad and they were meeting a big crew out there.  By a quarter after eleven his buddies show up (if you're on the forums, that would be CMC, Phil33 and MyachiGold) and the place is rocking.

I knew these guys were coming so I brought a few sacks to trade, but I'd radically underestimated how awesome these guys tradables were.  Everybody brings their collection (or at least a significant portion of it) so I go into trade mode right away.  We did a golf contest and played some epic MYACH, but the extremely wide-boarded Oaxaca I picked up was certainly the most memorable part of the morning.

But then the afternoon showed up and we kicked everything into high gear.  The Manhattan crew left around one and we had about an hour to get things prepped for a birthday party.  We had a crew of a dozen Myachi aficionados from the local area rolling in to celebrate G-Money's 10th birthday and we were hard at work getting ready until about twelve seconds before they arrived.

The party was awesome.  We played a few golf games, a Myachi version of "Simon Says" and taught everybody some new tricks and combos before munching on Roslyn's best pizza and a Rice Krispies Treat Cake (pretty fitting at a Myachi party, right?)

But the most memorable moment through the day was seeing what had to be a world record.  It was early in the party and all the guests were surrounding Monk and asking him how many Poppers he could do in a row without catching.  I laughed and jokingly said, "at least 90."

Well, Monk took me seriously.  He says, "Alright, let me warm up one time and then I'll try for 90."

He busts out 30 like nothing as his "warm up" and then he goes for the big goal.  Every kid at the party is crowded around him as he starts and they're all counting along with him.  I'm putting G-Money's iPod in so he can DJ the tunes so all I hear is everybody counting together for a few seconds.

By the time I step back out and take a look, he's somewhere in the twenties and he's making it look effortless.  He straightens his arm, the Myachi jumps straight up and comes straight back down and it goes to the same height on every pop.

Around 65 or so he gets a bad bounce and has to reach for a save, but a couple pops later and he's back on track.  He gets to 90 and he keeps going.  The crowd is still counting along and they're getting louder as they get more and more excited.  He gets to 99 and Monk, ever the showman, pops the thing almost all the way to the ceiling just so that his 100th Popper in a row is more dramatic... as if 100 Poppers in a row wasn't dramatic enough.

I have to think this is a Myachi record but if anybody knows differently, let me know.  I should stress that Monk didn't exactly drop the 101st.  He got to 100 looking like he could have gone on to a thousand so if he needs to up that record, I'm sure he can.

Anyway, that's my apology by way of explanation for ignoring all our loyal readers all morning and afternoon.  Promise to blog extra hard tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment