Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All the Tricks

by Crazy Ivan

One of the cool things about Myachi (if not the coolest thing) is that you never run out of tricks.  Sure, you may someday reach a point where you stop challenging yourself to learn ever tougher moves, but it won't be because there are no tougher moves to learn.

Got an e-mail the other day from a fan of the game who lives in Atlanta, Georgia and has been avidly following our "Trick of the Day" videos.  He started off with some effusive praise for the Myachi movement (always welcome) but then he expressed concern about the trick of the day.

Rather than summarize, I'll just quote the pertinent part of the e-mail:

My concern is that [if] you promise a new trick every day, eventually [you're] going to run out and have to disappoint people.  Eventually you'll have to start reusing the same tricks so maybe you should just do a new trick every week or maybe you should only do it for a year.
Well, I appreciate the concern for my job security and all, but I can assure this Myachi Maniac and all others that we're never going to start running dry on Myachi tricks.  The trick of the day can keep going until long after I'm too old to do it anymore.

But it's not just one or two random fans of the game that have expressed this concern.  Even Myachi Man regarded the idea with a bit of skepticism when I first brought it to him.  He felt like a new trick every day might be a bit too ambitious.  I said how about Monday through Friday (everybody needs time off after all) but even then he was left scratching his head.

Maverick expressed a similar concern the other day.  "I know you're not close to running out now, but how long can you really go with this?  A year?  Maybe two?"

Given the wide range of knowledgeable people who have expressed their doubts, I figured it would be fair to address this concern publicly.  As I assured Myachi Man and Maverick, the Trick of the Day can stay fresh for years to come.  There is solid proof and it exists in the form of a small notebook I have where I track every possible trick I can think of.  It contains well over 100,000 tricks and it doesn't include any moves that use 2 or more Myachis, moves that use 2 or more people or moves that use the Myachi along with another object (like a cup or basketball, for instance).

There are well over 100 thousand moves in my book, but even if it was "only" 100,000, that gives me enough tricks to do a trick of the day 5 days a week for almost four more centuries and even with all the advancements in medical science I don't think I'll make it that far.

If by some miracle I do make it to the ripe old age of 419 and am still in good enough physical condition to do the trick of the day video, fear not.  I will have used some multi-sack tricks along the way to bide my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment