Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Night at the House of Skills

by Crazy Ivan

When you live in a house with 6 roommates that all play with toys for a living, you have to expect some weird stuff from time to time.  When I go upstairs for a soda I'm not surprised if I see Monk furiously defending himself from an onslaught of Nerf darts with a juggling club.  When I go outside to take out the trash, I'm not shocked if I see Animal and Maverick sword fighting on the slack line.  When I get home in the evening it doesn't strike me odd to find a full blown ping-pong ball war going on complete with opposing cushion forts on either side of the living room.

When raucous applause fills the halls of the House of Skills I know that somebody just hit an awesome trick with something or perhaps managed to get the Slinky to walk all the way down the stairs.  When I hear a loud bang waft down from the second floor I know that Monk probably just came really close to hitting a Shove-It on the balance board or maybe Animal discovered the limit of how many juggling clubs he can balance at one time.

That's why I wasn't surprised at all when I walked upstairs on meeting night and saw this:



Now, even without the audio I think you can get the idea that everyone is having fun, but if you have any chance at all to do so, watch it with the audio.  The 20 seconds of Monk cracking up at the beginning make the whole endeavor worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment