Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Guest Blog: A Thank You to the Masters

by Myachi Maniac for Life

I'm sure I speak for everyone in the Myachi Movement when I say that none of us would be a part of this Movement, or probably even know about handsack, if not for the Masters. They eat, sleep, and breathe Myachi, day in and day out. It's not just their job, but their life. Not only that, but it's often thankless and tiring.

I'd definitely like to become a Master one day, but even I probably don't realize how much work they really put in. I've heard plenty of stories over my years in the Movement, but haven't seen it firsthand or had any experience of how far they really go.

I mean, these guys and girls spend their days doing office work, jamming in stores, doing demonstrations or visiting schools, making sales, and traveling between all these different places. I know Myachi Man also deals with traveling, meetings, and all sorts of business work. I don't know how much they get paid and it's not my business to ask, but I doubt it's enough. This is definitely one of those jobs you do for love, not for money.

Back in the day, they often lived in the Myachi Mobile. Who knows how many addresses any of them have had, or places they've lived. Now, most of them all live together in the House of Skills in New York. Their co-workers are their roommates. Bosses, employees, and even customers are all friends.

Some of them have moved away from the hometowns or families. They've had to meet new people and adjust to new settings. They all make these kinds of sacrifices because this is the job they want.

I can't speak for them myself, but I believe they do this for two reasons: For themselves and their love of the game, and for the Maniax. They enjoying jamming or hanging out as much as they enjoy teaching people Myachi and seeing them stick a new trick. They're helpful, they're kind, they're patient; they're just awesome.
As I said earlier, none of us would be part of this Movement if not for them. Most of us probably wouldn't even know about handsack. Without them, there wouldn't be Myachi. No Myachi Mobile, no Myachigon, no House of Skills or Headquarters, no jamming at FAO or Toys R Us.
So let me take this chance to thank each and every Myachi Master for the time and effort they put into this, and the sacrifices they make. Believe me, it's definitely appreciated.

-----

(Addition by Crazy Ivan)

Just wanted to thank MMFL for the kind words above and I wanted to answer one question that he poses in this article.  He ponders why we would do a job like this for very little in the way of money (none of us are in danger of getting rich any time soon) and he poses two responses that are pretty darned close to the truth.  In fact, I'd say that both of his answers (love of the game and dedication to the Manaix) are the top two reasons we do what we do.

But the other reason is perfectly captured in the article above.  Speaking on behalf of all the Myachi Masters, things like what MMFL wrote there are exactly what keeps us going every day.  That and an unquenchable desire to beat Monk in a game of MYACH...

No comments:

Post a Comment