Friday, April 15, 2011

My Most Valued Myachis

by Crazy Ivan

So about an hour after I posted the previous article about my collection, I got 2 e-mails that basically asked the same thing: "What about your uber-rares?"

Now, for those who just dabble in Myachi collecting, that would sound like a pretty crazy question.  Afterall, the pictures that I included showed a box that had all the one of 25s, all the belts, the first run chinas, the Mexico series and a few Blue Dragons.  But the more studious collectors realized right away that I was holding back.

It wasn't intentional (exactly), it's just that I don't keep my Uber-Rare sacks with my other Myachis.  They stay in tubes and are kept in a secret location deep below the subbasement of the House of Skills (right behind the "Beware of the Panther" sign).  I almost never take them out anymore, but while I was photographing my collection last night, I actually did get them all out and line them up for a quick pic.

It wasn't easy.  There are three cunning traps along the corridor that leads to my ubers and even I am still frightened by the two hundred foot chasm that you have to slackline over to get to the final antechamber, but it was all worth it for you, the loyal reader.


This is what it looks like when the minotaur is sleeping.
 But even after I went to all that trouble, I didn't bother including the picture because I felt like the article was getting too long.  It also seemed to move away from the whole theme of "collection boxes", so I figured it would be best to just write a separate article about them.

So, without further ado, the cream of the crop of my collection:

Pictured above: About $5000 on E-Bay
Listing them from left to right you have the Hunter Green (Paper Tag), the Black Velvetine (Paper Tag), the Clear, the Red Swirl (Paper Tag), the Irradescent Rainbow, the Purple Swirl, the Goldfish, the Blue Suede Shoe and the Yellow Wetsuit (Paper Tag).

Now, if you're paying close attention, you'll note that there are a few tubes hiding behind all those delicious paper tags.  There's one hiding behind the Clear, another behind the Irradescent and a third hiding between the Purple Swirl and the Goldfish.  If you were thinking that those were the ones so ridiculously rare that I can't even show them in pictures, well... I'm sorry to disappoint.

See, this article isn't about my most "valuable" Myachis, but rather about my most "valued".  Didn't know there was a difference, did you?

Well, the 9 pictured and listed in the front are definititely my most valuable.  They have the highest trade value, they are the rarest, they are the most sought after in the Myachi community.  The others are included because of the personal value that they have.

All three are pretty darn rare one way or the other, but nowhere near the category of a Goldfish, a Irradescent Rainbow or a Yellow Wetsuit Paper Tag.  One is a 4.3 Blue Beard (which is about as rare as a 3.2 Red Line) so it is really outclassed in both the "valuable" and "valued" category.  The other two are the two Myachis that I personally value above all others.

One is my legendary Calvin.  It has long been retired but after more than 5 years of dedicated jamming I figured it had earned its way into the same shelf as the rarest of my rares.  It is one of the best jammers I've ever had the pleasure of shredding with.  It's also the single Myachi that is most responsible for the Calvin having been the most popular sack in Myachidom for all those years.

But the third is still even more valuable to me.  It is a Sour Apple Green and it is disgustingly filthy.  It's not a particularly good jammer and even if it was, it's so dirty that it would be kind of gross to jam with.  That being said, I would never sell it, I would never trade it and I seriously doubt that I will ever wash it.  It was my first Myachi and every Myachi player knows that you will never love another Myachi as much as you love your first one:

Believe it or not, it used to be green...
I actually bought 3 Myachis the day I met Myachi Man.  I bought that one, a Cherry Red and a Black Bear Shag.  I gave the Cherry Red away a few days later and lost the Black Bear Shag somewhere along the way.  But this one is kept safe.  It will always be the gem of my collection and even though it is almost worthless when compared to some of my Paper Tags, in my mind, it is the most valuable thing I own.

Not many people get to change their lives for $5.  Pictured above is my constant reminder that I was lucky enough to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment