Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Glyph Art Contest Winners (Take Two)

by Crazy Ivan


On the Myachi Blog we like to keep the contests rolling right along.  Most of the time I've got 2 or 3 contests going concurrently so I suppose it was only a matter of time before my brain overloaded and I screwed something up on one of them.

I announced the Glyph-Art contest a couple of weeks ago and announced the ending as midnight on the 11th.  Since the contest started on a Tuesday I wanted to give everyone a full 2 weeks to work something out.

But then a weird thing happened.  My brain completely lost that information and I thought that I'd announced it ending on Sunday at midnight.  This is usually when I like to end contests so that I can announce the winners on Monday and I guess I was just going on autopilot.

I managed to forget that entirely until somebody pointed it out to me on Facebook.  I went back and looked at the original post and... Bam, there it is staring me right in the face.  Unfortunately this was after I'd already declared the winners.

So I announced on FB that we would extend the contest for another day so that people who had started a project and didn't get a chance to finish it would still have a chance to get a prize.

Clearly it would not be fair to go back now and "unaward" any prizes, so if I announced you as a winner yesterday you'll still get your prize.  After taking a solid look at a few of the entries I received after the fact, I realized that I can actually just do an all new 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  I even have a second SYD to give away.  There were, after all, 3 entries that would have definitely been considered right up there with our winners yesterday.

So I now present to you the second set of prize winning pictures from our Glyph art contest:

 3rd Place: 

Now, this doesn't technically count because the person who sent this in didn't actually do the art himself. He had a professional tattoo artist do it.  But the fact that he actually has the Myachi glyph tattooed on his body certainly earns Downtown an honorable mention (and a 5.0 sack) in a contest all about the Myachi Glyph.

So from the "Don't try this at home, kids" department, I give you our 3rd place winner:

As Crazy as Animal:

Photobucket
The kind of dedication you just can't fake.


I should probably spend another sentence or two reminding all of our under 18 readers that Myachi does not officially endorse the permanent branding of oneself with the Myachi logo.  We think it's really cool that Downtown did it (and that Animal did it for that matter), but we don't want anyone to mistake this for encouraging anyone to get glyph-tattoos.

 2nd Place: 

This is actually one of the coolest things I've ever seen and this image alone makes me glad that we extended the competition.  It could easily have taken first place with it's unabashed awesomeness and the incredible attention to detail.

So from the "Man I wish it was real and that I had it" department, I give you our 2nd place winner:

"Myachi Rocks..."

Photobucket
In a pinch, you could also use it to fight off robotic ninjas.
And I should also spend a sentence or two here talking about how sure I was that this one was going to be first place.  I saw it on Facebook this morning before I'd checked my e-mail and I though to myself, "Man, it's hard to imagine anyone has anything cooler than that."

Well, as it turns out, I was right.  That was definitely the coolest submission that we received yesterday and possibly the coolest we got through the whole contest.  But there was still another entry that managed to slightly edge it out:

 1st Place: 

The contest wasn't very well defined.  All I asked you to do was come up with an image based on the Myachi Glyph and the reason I was so vague is because I wanted everyone to be able to use their imaginations fully.  I'm really glad that I didn't say exactly what we were looking for, because if we did I might not have gotten the following image.

Now, I know that from a distance it may not seem like the best picture in the competition, but no picture in Myachi history has more fully encompassed what the Myachi movement is all about:

Photobucket
It's okay to be jealous of that collection, by the way.
And I'm definitely going to need a few sentences to explain this one.  Unfortunately the artist's camera couldn't get a high enough resolution picture to get the whole image in and still get all the detail.  If you look closely, you'll see that the Glyph in the center is covered in definitions but you probably can't read them.

Luckily, the artist also included a bunch of close up pics for me.  Rather than share all of them, I'll simply share some of the definitions and I think you'll understand exactly why this one earns a Grand Prize:

  • STWAKOJ - (adj.) A bunch of random letters that stand for "Never Give Up and Do What You Love".
  • Pakisack - (noun) (see reward; patience & godly)
  • SUMPOY - (adj.) An acronym synonymous with dedication and hard work.
  • Master - (noun) More than a title, a person who shows undying passion and love towards the game and all who play it.
  • Jam - (noun) A parallel universe filled with nothing but the feelings of joy & happiness.
  • Lotus Position - (1) noun (2) verb: see (1) 'adventure' and (2) 'beginning'
  • Maniac - (noun) The majority of the Myachi universe have undying loyalty toward one another.
  • JRED - (noun) The Central hub of all things Myachi.
  • Myachi - (noun) Contrary to popular belief, Myachi is a lifestyle filled with friends, fun, opportunities, achievements and all things that are good in the world & universe.

-----

So thanks again to everyone who participated.  Like yesterday's winners, just contact me at crazyivan@myachi.com to claim your prizes.  I have a feeling that at least two of these are going in the mail, but don't worry guys, Pinky knows where you are (she's like a cuter version of Santa Claus).

Also, sorry again for the mistake.  I'll be more vigilant on the next art contest, which I will be announcing tomorrow.  So if you entered this one and didn't win, don't worry, there's always another chance.

Lastly, let me reiterate that everyone who won a prize yesterday STILL GETS THE SAME PRIZE.  These winners are being announced in addition to those I mentioned yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment