Monday, April 25, 2011

New Playlists

by Crazy Ivan


Just a brief little post here to make everyone aware of a couple of new playlists we've added to our You-Tube channel.  As the Trick of the Day swells the total number of Myachi tricks we've got instructional videos for, it's becoming harder and harder for people to find the right moves for their skill level.  After all, it doesn't do you much good to try to learn the Jedi if you're just getting started.  Similarly, the Batman isn't going to give you much of a challenge if you're an experienced player.

For that reason, we've divided up all the official trick videos into one of four categories:

Myachi Tricks for Beginners
Myachi Tricks for Intermediate Players
Myachi Tricks for Advanced Players
Myachi Tricks for Masters

You'll note that if you check all the playlists that the "Masters" list is woefully lacking.  There are, thus far, only five videos on the list.  That's obviously because we very rarely use super-tough moves on the "Trick of the Day", but over the next few months we'll be looking to expand that category more than the others.

I should also note ahead of time that there are bound to be some disagreements as to what belongs where in a difficulty rating scale.  After all, terms like "beginner", "intermediate" and "advanced" are pretty vague.  There is no definite line that separates beginner from intermediate so there will be some inevitable debates abut certain tricks.

My goal is to make these lists as useful as possible so if I find that I've radically over- or underestimated the difficulty of one of these tricks, I'll be happy to move it to a different playlist.  That being said, I expect that many people will take issue with one or two tricks and one person disagreeing with the tricks placement won't be enough to prompt me to move it.  If, however, I hear from several people that one trick is ranked too low or too high, I'll swap it over.

I also intend to add a few more big playlists in the next week or two.  I'll be adding a "Foot Tricks" playlist and a "2 Myachi Tricks" playlist, but if there are any others you'd like to see added to Myachi's official channel, let me know.  Or, even better, make a playlist of your own and submit it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment