Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Myachi Master Shred Contest

by Crazy Ivan


Bones has laid down the gauntlet.  The challenge has been issued.  The fires of the great arena shall be stoked once more as the Myachi Masters face off in epic battle.

Like this only with better graphics and no fireballs.
I mentioned on a blog the other day that I had never actually done a shred video.  I'd given myself a deadline to rectify that situation but before that deadline could arrive, Bones used the opportunity to suggest a bit of friendly competition.

For those that aren't aware, Bones posts on this blog as LiquidMayCry and his disputation came in the form of four words, all caps: "MYACHI MASTER SHRED CONTEST!!!!"

And I agree.

Now, that being said, we still have a few Myachi Masters out of the country so it wouldn't be fair to hold such a contest while they're still away, but they might be back as soon as the first of May (or as late as the eleventh) so this might still be a few weeks away.  But it absolutely has to happen.

I should mention that I haven't mentioned this to any of the Myachi Masters yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that all or most of them will accept the challenge.  Here's what I'm proposing (though it might be renegotiated later):

Step 1:

We get a bunch of Myachi Master to sign on for this.  While I hope that everybody will be up for submitting a video, I think we can safely say that this contest absolutely has to include the following:

  • Maverick
  • Animal
  • Monk
  • Noodles
  • Bones
  • Bamboo
  • Crazy Ivan (I hear he's in)
That being said, I'd love to see the rest of the guys making a grab for the title as well.

Step 2:

We each film a video.  We'll have to decide whether we're doing unedited shreds or edited videos.  We'll also have to agree on an approximate length for the video, but I'm thinking somewhere in the 90 seconds to two minute range.

Editing is a big question.  An unedited video gives a much truer picture of somebody's ability to freestyle, but an edited video is just more fun to watch.  I don't want the title to go with the guy who just had more free time to devote to filming (as might be the case for an edited piece) but I also don't want to discourage everyone from making the coolest video possible.

One possible solution is to say we're going to make two minute videos, but each video has to contain at least one minute of continuous (unedited) shredding.  I'll see most of the guys tonight so we'll have a chance to sort all these details soon.

Step 3:

We would all upload our videos to YouTube on the same day and preferably at about the same time.  I would link them all here, on the Facebook Page, on Twitter, on the forum... basically everywhere we can think to put them.

Step 4:

The winner could be decided in a couple of different ways, but one way or the other it would come down to a vote from the Myachi Maniacs.  It could be based on You-Tube likes, it could be based on total views or we could just make a poll where you could vote here, on Facebook or on the forum.

One way or the other we'll figure out how we're going to do the voting well beforehand.  Then when the videos are debuted we will give the Myachi universe three days to vote on the winner and that person will earn bragging rights at every Myachi get together for the rest of time.

-----

If you have any ideas or suggestions for how we can go about making this happen, please leave them in the comments section below.  Once we've finalized stuff like dates and rules, I'll post all the details.

1 comment:

  1. I think having the vote be on the forum would be cool. It would bring more maniacs that follow the blog/twitter/facebook onto the forum who may not have heard of it. Plus I think the most dedicated members who know the masters the best are there.

    Plus it's the most organized way. Youtube likes can come from people who just happen to find the video without knowing it's for a contest and didn't see the others.

    ~Rotscale

    ReplyDelete