Monday, April 4, 2011

The Coolest Myachi Assignment Ever

by Crazy Ivan


Got some news today that's been keeping me in suspense for more than a week.  A venue for Myachi was proposed that got a lot of us at the House of Skills pretty stoked and today we got confirmation that it was going to happen.  It's still 6 months away so we've got plenty of time to look forward to it, but it's already being called the coolest Myachi assignment ever.

Now, to give you an idea what we're saying there, let me give you an idea of some of the awesome venues that Myachi has sent me to in the past:

 #10) Wakeboard Championships 

Yeah, but can he do that while tossing an Under the Leg?
This one was part of the Dunkin' Donuts promotion.  Dunkin' Donuts was just making a big push to try to capture some of Starbucks' iced coffee crowd and part of their promotional deal was a truck that was going around to different events and giving away free iced coffees.  They were also giving away some other cool stuff, most notably, free Myachis.  I'll give you a minute to salivate over the idea of getting a free Dunkin' Donuts Myachi for a second.

Okay, so anyway, one of the events they were going to was this wakeboarding competition in Orlando and me and Kid Myach joined up with them there.  Turned out Verizon had a truck there as well and they were giving away Verizon Myachis so we just went back and forth from one booth to the other having contests and giving away Myachis.  In the meantime, we watched some sick wakeboarding.

 #9) X-Games Skate Park 

Yeah, this skate park.
It was my first Christmas season with Myachi when we got a booth at the Mills Mall in St. Louis.  They'd given us a great spot right in front of the X-Games Skate Park pictured above so during the slow times I'd wander into the shop and watch people tear those ramps up in ways I don't remotely have the guts to try.

That being said, if I were a skater I'm sure this would have fallen higher on my list.

 #8) Dollywood 

This coaster is so awesome they can't fit all the terror
into a single picture...
On the surface it probably sounds weird to people that I list a gigantic skate park before the amusement park themed after Dolly Parton on my list of cool assignments.  But there are two words that completely explain this choice: Roller Coasters.

The one pictured above is called the Thunder Head and it's one of the best wooden coasters I've ever ridden.  Hitting up a Sbarros and watching kids skate on break is fun, but it's nothing like hitting 70 mph on a wooden coaster.

 #7) East Coast Surfing Championships 

I'm the 18th guy from the left, 9 rows back.
As a general rule, any assignment that takes place on a beach is better than any assignment that doesn't.  The East Coast Surfing Championships were one of my first big assignments with Myachi and even though sand isn't very conducive to foot tricks, a great time was had be all.

 #6) Bonnaroo 

All these people are calling for a Myachi.  No, seriously...
that's why they all have their hands up.
Bonnaroo is an annual festival that takes place in Tennessee and draws some of the biggest names in music.  It's where I met Myachi Man and where I first learned the game so it's always been closely linked to the game in my heart.  I also went their on assignment a year after I learned the game and taught all the people you see above how to play.

 #5) Hot Import Nights 

Now just imagine 1,500 equally awesome cars
surrounding this one.
This was one of my all time favorite Myachi assignments and it brought us one of my favorite promotional Myachis, the Dodge.  Dodge hired us and made a ton of Myachis for us to take around to there Hot Import Nights shows all over the country.  They even put us up in sweet hotels while we did it.  Kid and I did several of them together and between the awesome cars and gorgeous women, I hoped we would keep doing these shows for a long time to come.

And then the auto industry kind of temporarily collapsed and Dodge's Myachi budget shrank quickly.  Oh well, we always hold out hope for next year...

 #4) Madison Square Garden 

Take that, Roman Colosseum!
Alright, so to be perfectly honest there was nothing terribly cool about selling Myachis at MSG except for the fact that we were selling Myachis at MSG.  We sold every single Myachi we brought with us in the hour leading up to the Knicks game so we quite literally sold out the Garden.

It was a big night for Myachi, but kind of a bad night for me.  I nearly broke my ankle on their exquisitely waxed floors and had to hobble home before half time.  I didn't even get to watch the game and it was one of those rare ones where the Knicks won.

 #3) Kitty Hawk Kites 

And before you ask, yes, I tossed a Myachi off that tower and
I caught one tossed from that tower.  Okay... a lot more than one.
If you've never been to the Outer Banks of North Carolina I can't possibly explain to you what you're missing.  It's a long chain of islands off North Carolina's coast that succeeds in being one of the most beautiful parts of the country I've ever seen.  But there was more contributing to KHK's awesomeness than simple beautiful background.

See, this place has it all.  When I wasn't teaching people the game I was climbing their rock wall or playing with the gazillion skill toys they sold there.  It also helped that one of the services they offered was kayaking tours (which I traded a few Myachi for) and kite surfing lessons (which I trades a few Myachis for).  Oh, they also have kites (which I traded a few Myachis for).

 #2) Universal Studios 

Yeah, that Universal Studios... okat, well that's actually
Islands of Adventure, but you get the idea.
I know I've mentioned it on this blog before, but working at Universal Studios was awesome.  We had run of both parks all day and night, the people were awesome, the rides were sick, the store was air conditioned (not something you always get when you're working theme parks) and the place was packed about 362 days a year.

It was a great place to spread the word and my favorite place to accomplish that was in line.  Everybody in line wants to play because they have nothing else to do but stand in line.  The other highlight, of course, is that at the end of the line there's a ride.

 #1) The One I Just Heard About 

And no, that's not a picture of the place.
So what could possibly get billing over all those ridiculously cool places?  Well, I suppose for a lot of people this doesn't really deserve top billing, but Animal and I are ridiculously stoked about it.  We just confirmed that Myachi will have a booth at the 2011 Comic-Con, one of the greatest havens of geek culture in the universe.

For people who argue over which Super Villain has the best powers (as Monk, Animal and I did earlier today), this is probably going to be mad fun.

Obviously I don't know much yet, but it takes place the weekend of October 15th but I think it actually starts on Thursday.  When I get more details, readers of this blog will be the first to know.

4 comments:

  1. Holy man that's kinda a lota bit BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one. Hopefully we'll have an exclusive collector's Myachi that will be available only at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a useful piece of information here in the blog.

    assignment help australia
    essays help

    ReplyDelete