Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Myachi Welcomes Two New Grand Masters

by Crazy Ivan

First let me apologize for not getting on here last night and posting an entry.  I'd intended to and with all that's goin on in the Myachi world I certainly had no shortage of things to talk about.  We had a big meeting last night and it left me with no shortage of stuff I could have blogged about.  I decided to wait until today to mention the awesome new Myachi game we came up with last night and I'm not going to blog about the goofy thing we talked Bamboo, Unknown and Rush into doing until after Rush put up the You-Tube video (hint: you should now be in suspense).

But there was one huge thing that happened last night that I should not have waited 13 hours to blog about.

If you see Bones or Noodles in the coming days, congratulate them on their big promotions.

That's right, we're happy to welcome two extremely deserving Myachi Masters into the highest echelon of the company.  As of last night at about 9:37, Bones and Noodles officially joined the ranks of the Myachi Grand Masters and soon they will have cartoon characters to prove it.

For them it means longer hours, more travel, more prestige, more money and more vacation time.  For us it means ensuring that the third generation of grand masters will continue to typify the unique standard of enthusiasm and perfection that Maverick, Animal and Monk have made such a hallmark of our second generation.

-----

When we made the announcement last night we had the whole team there so I was talking not just to Bones and Noodles, but also to the other Myachi Masters and Apprentices who hoped to achieve that same rank in the future and I gave them some advice.  Since more than one of our loyal readers has e-mailed me to ask how one becomes a Myachi Master, I figured I would offer you the same thing that I told Bamboo, Unknown, Rush, Prime and Skratch last night.

"The attributes of the five fingers are more than just some little corporate slogan for us.  It's our attempt to capture what worked about what we've been doing since day one.  In other words, the attributes came way before we attached them to specific fingers.  If you want to reach the top in this company, all you have to do is keep those five things in mind:

"(Thumb) Discipline is where it all begins.  In Myachi the rope's always there if we want to hang ourselves.  When I first started with Myachi they dropped me off at a place and said "Go sell Myachis".  If I'd wanted to play video games or ride roller coasters instead, I could have done it and nobody would have known until they counted the Myachis.  We all have the opportunity to give less than 100% everyday, but we have the Discipline to choose not to.

"(Index) Respect for our teammates and our customers is what sets us apart.  Every company strives to have a "family" atmosphere throughout and everybody focuses on respecting their customers, but I challenge any company to say they've done a better job of it than us.  We never lose our connection to our customers.  If they buy a Myachi in 2003, they get our unflagging dedication for the rest of their natural lives.

"(Middle) Confidence.  In many instances, we stick our guys in novel situations and say "do your best".  We've sent both Bones and Noodles into parties, schools, businesses and events with no instructions beyond "be awesome and teach the game" and that's exactly what they did.  In Myachi, we have to have the courage to walk into a situation with no preparation and own it.  Let's face it, in a company this different and this young, pretty much everything we do we're doing for the first time.

"(Ring) Patience."

(When I brought this up last night there was a moment of laughter.  Bones and Noodles have been patiently waiting for this for a really long time)

"I don't really need to say much more on patience then...

"(Pinky) Passion.  Last but not least is the fuel that makes this engine go.  The way that Bones and Noodles take it upon themselves to do whatever they can to make this game rock, the way that they take ownership and dedicate themselves not just to doing the job of a Myachi Master, but living up to the standard of a Myachi Master, that's what has earned them this promotion.  The fact is that they don't just play the part from 9 to 5 at the store, but rather they live the part 24 hours a day.

"In fact that they were already Myachi Grand Masters.  Tonight, we're just making it official."

And as I did last night, let me close on a piece of advice my father gave me when I was a kid.  It seems pretty important to anyone who ever wants to work for Myachi:

"Son," he said, because he's my dad, "if you want a job, just start doing it.  Eventually somebody will pay you for it."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Bones and Noodles, you guys ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job you two!!! Funny... I had already thought you two were in this category since I first met the two of you... Shows how much I know o.O

    Congrats on the rise to Grandmaster....I think you two should wear black belts (from any martial arts would suffice) to symbolize your accomplishment....that and its a good way to start a story??

    ReplyDelete