Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Time at the House of Skills

by Crazy Ivan

Ah, the warm weather slowly returns.  It actually hasn't, it's just that the cold weather has left and we're stuck in that limbo between cold and warm, but the sun is out and birds are returning so we readily accept the rumor that it is now Spring once more.

Obviously that means a lot to anyone who lives far enough North to see snow every year.  Beaches will soon be filling up, amusement parks will open, flowers will bloom and you'll be able to make it from your apartment to the subway station without putting on 5 layers of clothing.

But at the House of Skills Spring is a particularly beloved occasion.  Between the 7 residents at the house we have something like 116 hobbies and I'd say about half of those are the kinds of things you have to outside to do.  One thing that links all Myachi Masters is a lifelong love of going outside to play.

Now don't get me wrong, we spend a lot of time outdoors in the winter.  Barring snow and ice you can still longboard and unicycle in the winter.  You can also build snow dinosaurs and have epic snowball fights and there's a lot to be said for that.

What you can't do, however, is spend all day outside without having to thaw out later.  I find myself off today and stealing away just enough time indoors to update this blog and film a trick of the day, but as soon as I'm done here I'll be hopping back on my stilts for another trip around the block.  That's assuming Maverick doesn't talk me into getting on the slack line first (and no, I'm not going to get on the slack line while on my stilts... yet).

The other wonderful thing about being outdoors is that it inspires awesome stuff like this video:



Thanks to Bones, Bamboo, Rush and Unknown for this one and as it gets warmer and warmer, expect to see a lot more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment