Monday, May 9, 2011

What More Can I Say?

by Crazy Ivan


I rushed home to try to make it back here in time to post this by 6 O'Clock.  Obviously I didn't make it and even if I had, you'd still have been disappointed.

I know that you were expecting me to reveal 3rd place in the writing contest today, but forces are conspiring against me and making that impossible.  This morning my e-mail was working fine and I had a chance to read all of the latest submissions.  And then this afternoon it went kaput again.

If I'd been thinking I would have quickly grabbed all the entries and saved them on a separate file, but unfortunately I was not foresightful enough to do that.  So instead I'll have to do what you guys and gals must all be getting really tired of.

I'm going to have to delay the announcement once more.

I'm not extending the deadlines for entry so if you haven't submitted yet, don't bother trying to squeeze one in.  If the email system is back up and running in the morning, I'll announce the 3rd place winner in the afternoon and 2nd place in the evening so that we can get back on schedule.

If the email system isn't working... well... let's just knock on wood and plan for the best.

Anyway, I want to apologize to everyone who was eagerly anticipating the announcement, but I want to extend a particular apology to one of the entrants who probably waited up until after midnight to find out that I couldn't announce the winner... so to my friend and our loyal reader Max from Switzerland... dude, really sorry if you waited up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment