Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Very Last, Final, Ultimate Delay

by Crazy Ivan


After having put off announcing the winners of the Australian Art Contest for 5 full days, I'm sure you know that I wouldn't add yet another delay unless I had a really good reason.  Normally I would never draw out the suspense this long, but it seemed almost as though fate had intervened on this one.  When I explain, I'm sure you'll understand.

Messaged with Animal yesterday and he asked me if I'd finished that contest yet.  I told him about all the delays and he seemed elated.  Turns out he and Maverick will be back in the good old US of A on Friday night and Animal was hoping that they would be able to judge the contest.

As many of you recall, it was a false rumor that they would be back last Sunday that led to the initial delay and problems with my email have exacerbated the problem.  But now I feel almost like my email is psychic and just knew that Animal would want to judge the contest himself.

So I'm announcing yet another extension of the contest.  And I promise that this will absolutely, positively, undeniably be the final one.  The winners will now be announced on Saturday, May 7th at 7 pm.

I know, that's a long time to wait.  But there's more.  I'm also extending the deadline for entries until Friday at midnight.  And there's a good reason:

We don't have enough entries!

I only got a hand full of entries for this contest and I don't want Maverick and Animal to feel unappreciated so when they go to judge this thing, I want them to see a whole ton of entries.

So if you haven't entered, enter.  If you have entered, enter again.  I'll be posting some clean pics of Animal and Mav's cartoon characters later on today to aid you in your mission.  Sorry again to everyone who hoped to see the winning pic today, but I would be willing to lay down cold hard cash that this will be the very last delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment