Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Prize Announcement

by Crazy Ivan

When I announced the Myachigon Tribute Contest, I left the question of the prize for it pretty wide open.  I was hoping that we would find a treasure trove of lost and forgotten Myachis in the legs of the gon but as it turned out, remarkably few were found.  In fact, to my knowledge we only found one; my beloved Black Beard.

Now, I have 4 possible theories regarding why we didn't uncover a lot more Myachis when we did the break down:
  1. There was only one Myachi down there to begin with: A lot of people told me that they'd lost Myachis down in the legs of the gon, but there was only one that I actually saw drop down there with my own eyes and that was the one Black Beard that we found.  It's possible that some of the other ones we expected to find were either stolen (hey dude, I just dropped your Myachi down there... now there's no way to get it back!) or lost in another way (when I did my Flying Clipper, it went over this way and now I can't find it... must have gone down in the legs).
  2. There were some sticky fingers at the break down: I doubt this very much, but it's possible that between all the Myachi Masters and Maniacs who were there somebody just found a yummy sack and didn't know where it came from.  If somebody pocketed a groovy Myachi because of the break down, they certainly earned it (it was hard work) so I won't begrudge them that.  That being said, I really don't think this is what happened at all.
  3. Time Travellers: It's possible that in the distant future, people need Myachis for some reason.  They have to come back to the present to get them but they can't just go swiping Myachis that would be missed, otherwise they could create a butterfly-effect style timequake.  So they use their high tech gadgetry to extract the Myachis that were down there without leaving any sign.  They don't take the Black Beard, of course, since it would be missed.
  4. Smurfs stole them: Some of you might not know this, but during our time at FAO, they filmed a portion of the upcoming live action smurf movie.  They did the majority of the filming overnight so they wouldn't interrupt the flow of the store's traffic, which means that for several nights there were smurfs hanging out in that store and they were likely largely unsupervised.  They could easily fit down into the legs and crawl down the scaffolding to nab a wayward Myachi or two.
Anyway, it seems that I'm getting distracted from the actual purpose of this blogpost; namely, telling you what we're using as the prize.

This was a tough call to make.  I really dig Black Beards and it's so cool that I got this one back after years of missing it.  But eventually it would just become another sack in my collection.  The story of that Myachi is way better if in the end it goes to the person who presents the best tribute to the Gon.

So winner gets a pretty yummy 3.1 Black Beard (which is redundant since the Black Beard was only offered in the 3.1 series) that spent a couple of years chilling at the bottom of the pillars of the Gon.  It's a Myachi with a storied history and one I'd hope any Myachi Maniac would be proud to add to their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment