Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One Problem After Another

by Crazy Ivan


At this point, it almost seems silly.

Before explaining why I am once again delaying the announcement of the Australian Art Contest winners, I should probably mention that computers hate me.  I used to think that it was just a coincidence or that it was a consequence of me just not knowing much about them, but now I think that some maligned programmer has turned them against me.

Problems with my e-mail yesterday left me unable to check two of the entries so I had both contestants resend their entries so that I could make the announcement today.

And today I can't check my email at all...

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's this computer so hopefully tomorrow (when I'm in the office) I can get those last few entries.  Even if I chose to just DQ the entries I didn't have, I still wouldn't be able to announce the winners since the entries I did receive are trapped in my inaccessible email as well.

So there will be yet another unplanned and unscheduled delay and I am left simply promising that I won't delay it again tomorrow.  Sorry about the repeated delays.  I'll be enacting a policy that ensures this doesn't happen again for future contests.  Namely, I won't have people submit their entries via email in the future.

So for those of you who are patiently waiting, I'm sorry.  For those who are impatiently waiting, I'm still sorry, but please stop sending me the repeated FB messages.  I'm trying to get everything worked out, but remember that patience is a virtue...

No comments:

Post a Comment