Friday, May 13, 2011

Myachis That Won't be in Series 5.1

by Crazy Ivan

We've hardly even gotten the 5.0 series into stores nationwide and already rumors are swirling about what sacks you can expect in the 5.1 series.  There are always rumors so I was largely ignoring them when I first heard talk about the 5.1s, but since then I've heard a couple of the rumors from several sources so I thought the best thing to do would be to tamp them down sooner rather than later.

Before I get to the debunking, let me give everyone a clear idea of where we are in series.  The actual production proccess for a Myachi series takes a while.  First we have to select the fabrics and that's not as easy as it sounds.  We've got 8 voices in the mix (MM, Kid, Mav, Monk, Animal, Noodles, Bones and I) and we all have pretty strong opinions.

Once the fabrics are finalized we go into debate-the-names mode and try to figure out what we're going to call all these new Myachis.  While we're doing that, the manufacturer goes to work on what we call the "Proto-Run".  This is where they make one or two Myachis out of each fabric and send us samples so that we can get an idea of how well they jam.

Once we finalize the names and approve the prototypes, the series goes into full production and that usually takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to produce.  Then we enter the longest part of the proccess... the shipping.  Myachis come over from China by boat and they're in no hurry to get here so that part can last upwards of a month.

For series 5.1 we're way early on that.  We're still finalizing names and waiting on prototypes so we're a long way from having these sacks in the country, but I do know which fabrics will (and more importantly which won't) be included in the new series.

I could just tell you what fabrics will be there, but that would ruin all the suspense.  Instead, I just want to tackle a couple of rumors of Myachis that definitely won't be included in series 5.1:

The Red Dragon:

This one pops of from time to time.  I've been hearing rumors of a Red Dragon since series 1.1 came out and they always turn out to be unsubstantiated.  I've heard several people saying they thought there would be a Red Dragon in the new series and as disappointed as I am to say it, there won't be.

The Green Crush:

I'm surprised how ubiquitous this rumor is.  We've been hearing about Green Crushes forever and even now, years and years removed from the last time we did a crushed velvet fabric, we're still hearing rumors of a Green Crush showing up in the new series.  As I've said the dozen or so other times this rumor has come up, there are no plans for a Green Crush Myachi.

The Orange Fizz:

This is a relatively new one, but I've heard it from 3 sources in 2 different states so apparently this rumor is also making the rounds.  There was some talk of an Orange and Black Fizz in a future series, but the fabric was not available for the 5.1 series so it definitely won't appear in the upcoming series.  With the fabric out of production it is doubtful that such a Myachi will ever exist.

The Phat Kat... Whatever:

I've also heard a bunch of questions about another sack in the Phat Kat family, though the rumor mill can't seem to agree about what color it would be.  I've been asked about the Phat Kat Purple, the Phat Kat Red and the Phat Kat Blue.  I can assure you that there won't be a Phat Kat anything in the next series, though I'm kind of curious how many other colors will pop up in the rumors before we finally release the identities of the 5.1 fabrics.

-----

There's still a lot of time between this series and the next so I'm sure some other rumors will sneak into Myachidom over the next few months.  As I hear them, I'll dispell what I can.  And if you hear a rumor about an upcoming sack, feel free to send me an email and we'll get to the bottom of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment