Friday, May 20, 2011

As the Day Draws Nearer

by Crazy Ivan
Pinky and I are less than a month from the big trip.  We're heading down to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for a few months to rock it out at Dollywood Theme Park.  I'm beginning to feel that familiar feeling in my gut, that sudden shifting of gears when a future obligation goes from the distant horizon to right around the corner.

There's a lot to do, of course.  I've got to get packed, I've got to get somebody to babysit my felines, I've got to set someone up to do my share of the office work, I've got to finalize all the stuff for our cabin... and I've got to figure out what I'm doing here on the blog.

See, I'll still be able to blog when I'm in Tennessee, but I'll be working about 10 hours a day about 6 days a week so there's no question in my mind that I won't be able to find quite as much time to blog.  My thought is that I'll just have to write a couple of blogs each night and schedule them to publish throughout the day.

But that's going to darn hard to do after working in the sun for 10 hours at a stretch.

I'll be getting some help.  Monk and Animal have both agreed to help me out by throwing down a few contributions in my absence.  But if we want to keep this blog rocking and rolling throughout the summer, it might take more than that.

Which brings me to you.

Some of my favorite articles on this blog are contributions made by our readers and loyal Myachi Maniacs.  Guest blogs are going to make my life way easier going forward so I'm putting out a call for as many as I can get.  Starting on June 15th I'll be on the road/at the park for almost 10 weeks so in that time I'll be opening my inbox everyday with hopes of finding a few solid guest blogs to publish.

But don't worry.  No matter what happens you can expect new, interesting, fun content on the blog all summer.  You might not get it, but you can certainly expect it.  We'll still be doing contests, we'll still be doing give-aways and I'll still be keeping you up to speed on all the latest goings on.

I'll also still be doing a Trick of the Day everyday, though the schedule might change a bit on that.  I have a feeling I'll start uploading the trick the day before or right after midnight since I won't have any free time during the day.

Theme parks are fun work but they're really demanding.  I'll do my best to see to it that this assignment doesn't cause any noticeable hiccup on the blog, the FB page, our You-Tube channel, the forum, the brawl or the Twitter feed.

...man, it's gonna be a tiring summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment