Sunday, May 15, 2011

Myachi on Public Transit

by Crazy Ivan

I'm about to run out of the house to hop a train upstate for the day, which will explain why this entry is short and hurried.  My folks are a few miles north visiting with my sister and her kids so Pinky and I are taking the day off to go be social.

We're taking the train, which is something that I used to hate.  I use to loathe the long boring trips I'd take on public transit, whether it was a train, a bus, a plane or whatever.  I'm a hyper dude so sitting still for prolonged periods has never been my specialty.

But since Myachi became part of my life, I've had a different outlook on such trips.  Instead of buying a book or bringing some puzzles or downloading a new game on my iPod, I'm just going to grab a few Myachis.  I'm actually looking forward to the trip because I'm sure that Myachi will help me meet some interesting people.  It will help me turn some kid's day around.  It will help me make a few new friends that will keep us company on our ride.

I can't write much more or I'll risk missing my train, but I did want to share that reflection.  Myachi makes friends.  It's little wonder why the Myachi community is so tightly knit...

No comments:

Post a Comment