Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finally, Warm Weather!

by Crazy Ivan

A lot of you don't know this about me, but my father was a police officer when I was a kid.  Among the many things that being a cop's son meant, it made it really hard to watch cop movies with him.  We'd be watching Die Hard and he would say, "A dispatcher deciding to send a black & white to a reported gunfight?" or we'd be watching Lethal Weapon and he'd say, "What kind of cop has is gun holstered on his weak-side hip?" or he would be counting the bullets somebody fired out of a revolver or he'd be criticizing the way two cops burst through a door.

It wasn't that he just enjoyed ruining movies for me, it was that being a cop was his life.  He saw everything through the filter of being a cop.  I guess I really only came to understand that when I got old enough to have a career.  Because now I look at everything through the filter of being a Myachi Master.  Of course, unlike my dad, I don't have to worry about Hollywood screwing up it's interpretation of my job.  There aren't any movies about Myachi Masters yet.  But when I see a cool video of flying robots, I automatically think about playing Myachi with them.  When I see a cool awning, I automatically think about a cool way to bounce a Myachi off of it.

Depending on the level of coolness, I may even find several ways.
So when the weather turned nice here in New York about a week ago, I saw the dawning spring through the eyes of a Myachi Master.  My wife saw flowers blooming, leaves filling in, birds returning and skies way too warm to dump snow on you.  I suppose I saw those things too, but before that I saw the Myachi-specific awesomeness of spring.

I saw how much easier foot tricks were in shorts; I saw how much easier hand tricks are when you're not wearing a jacket.  I saw how much easier playing Myachi Net is when there's no snow on the ground.  I saw how much easier it is to talk people into street surfing when it's warm out.  I saw how many more people would be inspired to come to Myachi HQ, FAO Shwarz and Toys R Us Time Square.  I saw how much closer we were to some of the awesome stuff we've got going this summer.

I also see how much more fun Fu Battles are going to be now that we can use the whole parking lot out here.  That being said, I have to wrap this up.  I think Unknown is up for a Fu Battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment