Friday, February 4, 2011

How Cool is Myachi HQ?

by Crazy Ivan

One of the local moms got lost today on their way to meet up for the commercial shoot.  She wound up on the wrong side of the parking lot and had to walk up from the side road.  No big deal.  She made it in time. Turns out it was fortuitous because if she hadn't come up that way, nobody would have seen the back of the HQ today.

"Have you seen the storm drain out back?" she asks me.

"Why, no," I reply.

Actually, that's probably not at all what I said.  But it was something like that.  We call that a paraphrase.  Anyway, after her brief and impassioned description I had to run out back and when I did I had to run back around the front and grab Pinky's camera.

And with that camera I captured this:

I'm just guessing that as cool as that looks, it's bad for our roof.
Now, because this was awesome beyond measure, I had to get a little closer.  I did so at great peril.  It's been snowing all month and nobody's exactly plowed out behind the office.  What's worse is that it's situated in a spot that gets about ten seconds of sun a day so nothing's melted since December 26th.  There's a thin layer of ice covering the snow so it feels solid until you put your weight on it.

How deep was the snow?  About three and a half feet, actually.  How do I know that?  Because I measured the spot on my stomach where the snow line was when I finished sinking in.  I was literally up to my waist in snow when I took these two pics:


See how I did that crazy double layer thing?  I'm artsy like that.
As I'm standing there feeling the ice encrusted snow slip into my high tops, I'm thinking, "I love snow and ice.  They make you remember how awesome it is when there's no snow and ice."

No comments:

Post a Comment