Friday, February 25, 2011

An Epic Shred Debut

by Crazy Ivan

So as you know from the on the spot reporting on the Myachi Blog, we recently filmed a new TV commercial which will begin airing next month.  We invited a bunch of Maniacs out for it and from what the director tells us, they shot more video for this commercial than they ever had before.  In fact, he said they shot about 3 times as much video as he'd ever shot for a commercial.

Obviously all this video wouldn't fit into a 60 or 90 second TV spot, so what to do with all the other stuff?  Well, somebody suggested that we get them to put together a collage to add to the DVD and they jumped on it.  They figured it was a great idea.

Then they came back with an additional suggestion.  "We're putting a bunch of this extra footage together for a little montage, but what would be great would be if you guys could also put together a little montage out of some of your House of Skills videos."

When I first heard that we were going to need to put together what would amount to a Myachi Skate video, I was jumping up and down and muttering under my breath "pick me, pick me, pick me"... So Myachi Man turns and says, "Ivan, can you handle that?"

"I'll see what I can do," I answered all sly and calm.  Inside I was about to explode.  I love doing videos and it's rare that I can devote all that much time to it.

Anyway, I'm putting the final touches on the project over the weekend and sending them my finished product on Monday but I thought I would share a short clip of it with you guys.  This is a 2 minute segment that comes at the end of a 9 minute video that I slapped on YouTube under the title "Epic Shred".

Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment