Monday, September 5, 2011

Word Search Winner!

by Crazy Ivan

First of all, let me just say sorry that it took so long to get this announcement up.  I meant to put it up Saturday evening at 8, but I'd forgotten that this was Kore's last weekend in the city before he went home to Florida once more.  I wound up out with him, Pinky and his girlfriend until late Saturday.  Then, to no great surprise, I had trouble with my email yesterday and couldn't check it until I got into the office today.

We wound up with a bunch of last minute entries and we almost had a surprise winner sneak in at the last minute, but in the end the person who has been leading the pack pretty much the whole time won.  He did it pretty clever, too, managing to find exactly one more trick in the puzzle than I intentionally put there.  More on that in a second, but by popular request, here's a list of all the words in the puzzle.  Below that (Spoiler Alert!) is a pretty shoddy picture that shows where all those various words are:

  1. Aqueduct
  2. Armageddon
  3. Atlas
  4. A-Train
  5. Backoline
  6. Bandit
  7. Batman
  8. Behind the Back
  9. Bodyguard
  10. Brainfreeze
  11. Brontosaurus
  12. Brooksie
  13. Bruce Lee
  14. Butterfly
  15. Casper
  16. Cellphone
  17. Centrifuge
  18. Chicken Wing
  19. Clipper Delay
  20. Clipper Kick
  21. Cold Fusion
  22. Columns Juggle
  23. Cradle
  24. Crazy Ivan
  25. Crypto
  26. Cyclops
  27. Daredevil
  28. Darkslide
  29. Drop of Death
  30. Duck
  31. Electron
  32. Enigma
  33. Faceplant
  34. Flow
  35. Flying Clipper
  36. Flying Fish
  37. Gemini
  38. Gui
  39. Heart Beat
  40. Helix
  41. Hop Over
  42. Hulk
  43. Illusion
  44. Impossible
  45. Infusion
  46. In Spin
  47. In Wing
  48. Jedi
  49. Jim Carrey
  50. Jump Rope
  51. Lotus
  52. Mantis
  53. Matrix
  54. Mind Grind
  55. Mirage
  56. Mojo Rising
  57. Musketeer
  58. Neo
  59. Ninja
  60. Osis
  61. Pendulum
  62. Piano
  63. Pistons
  64. Popper
  65. Pteradon
  66. Punisher
  67. Raven
  68. Samurai
  69. Scorpion Strike
  70. Sidekick
  71. Slingshot
  72. Snake
  73. Sole Stall
  74. Spider Man
  75. Spidey Sense
  76. Split
  77. Standing Rock
  78. Step Over
  79. Stiff Arm
  80. Stutter
  81. Swordfish
  82. Tail Grab
  83. Tail Whip
  84. Thinker
  85. Toe Stall
  86. Trampoline
  87. Transformer
  88. T-Rex
  89. Tripod
  90. Tunnel
  91. Turbine
  92. Under the Leg
  93. Venus Fly Trap
  94. Vert
  95. Wave
  96. Wavy Gravy
  97. Wolverine
  98. Yoga
So those are all the words that I put in there intentionally.  There were a few other words that others managed to locate that accidentally slipped into the chaos, but none of them were tricks so that's the complete list.  Interestingly enough, nobody managed to find all of them, though 3 people found all but one of them.  This would have left me picking randomly from the tie but for one unforeseen variable.

See, one of the guys actually found a trick in there that I missed.  The trick "Raven" contains the word "Rave", which is also a trick, of course.  Only one of the three noticed that and managed to get a word ahead of everyone else.  And thus our winner (by a nose) cemented his victory.

I don't want to announce his name because all I have is his real name and I'm not 100% sure what his name is on the forum (I'm 99.6% sure but I don't want to get it wrong and then horribly disappoint the person I thought it was by not giving them a Dodge), but I can say that his initials are JR.

So congrats on the last minute win.  I'll email you with instructions on how to claim your prize and everything.  For those that are curious, the solution to the puzzle is below.  To be honest, it's probably just as confusing as just trying to find the answers in the puzzle, if not more so, but it seemed only fair to present it now that the contest is over:

Hope you all enjoyed the contest.  I'm guessing from the overwhelming response that many of you did.  So keep an eye on the blog.  I'll be announcing the next giveaway soon so if you didn't win this time, don't worry, there'll always be another chance coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment