Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Less and Less Computer Time

by Crazy Ivan

You don't have to be all that astute to have noticed that I didn't blog over the last several days.  You might also have noticed that no Trick of the Day went up Friday or Monday.  You could be forgiven, in fact, for thinking that I'd forgotten about you altogether.

But I haven't.  I've just had less and less time to spend on the computer.

In Myachi, we like to keep a lot of irons in the fire at any given time.  Our in-store sales still account for the lion's share of our profits, but there are a lot of other angles we take in the Myachi Movement.  We're always hard at work looking for new customers for customized Myachis.  We're always hard at work finding new vendors in hopes of spreading the Myachi Movement ever farther afield.  We're always hard at work looking for more gym classes to take over.

And sometimes, all of this stands in the way of me being able to blog regularly.  Needless to say, this week has included some of those "sometimes".

Monk has been rocking it out over the last few weeks signing up new schools.  He's spent much of the last three weeks visiting different schools and talking with principles, athletic directors and gym teachers about bringing in the Myachi program.  He's been having great luck with it as well, having already signed up at least half a dozen schools.

Of the many consequences to that is that he's been able to spend far less time in the stores.  I've been making up some of the shortfall so I've been spending a lot more time recently at FAO and Toys R Us.  For what it's worth, I've been having a blast with it.  It gave me my first chance to work with Metal and Strike, which has been mad fun.  For those that aren't aware, Metal is hilarious at least four or five times an hour.

I've also gotten to work with Mav and Animal, which I haven't done on a store level in over a year.  Working with them is awesome if for no reason but all the new tricks and challenges they show we every time I do.  Mav has me working on some crazy foot splits and merges and Animal has given me a few new directions to go with my 3 Myachi juggles.

As much fun as I'm having, I'm also painfully aware that I've had to neglect the blog.  It seems like about every fifth article on this blog is one about me regretting not being able to blog more often.  I would say that I'm just going to redouble my efforts, but that's not realistic.  If I'm already devoting 14 hours a day to Myachi, I can't exactly double it (and work 28 hours a day?).  I would write a bunch of articles when I have the chance and then schedule them to drop throughout the week, but I feel like the quality would plummet if I was trying to force myself to write 6 or 8 blog entries in a single day (or even a single sitting).

The solution is pretty obvious to me.  We need more authors on the Myachi Blog.  It so happens that Animal and Bones are both really talented writers.  Kid has a way with words and so does Monk.  Pinky always has some interesting insights on the Myachi movement and we still haven't talked Myachi Man into writing a blog for us just yet.

So rather than making an unrealistic promise to double my efforts at writing more blog material, I'll offer the much more feasible promise: I'll triple my efforts at getting more writers on this blog and that should be way more effective.

Until then, I hope you've enjoyed this long-winded excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment