Monday, September 5, 2011

Home Improvements

by Crazy Ivan

I write this blog for a couple of reasons.  I write to strengthen the Myachi community, I write to share some of the more heart warming elements of my job, I write to keep everyone abreast of the goings-on in the Myachi universe and I write because I simply enjoy writing.  I don't have much in the way of qualifications as a blogger, but as a Myachi blogger, I like to think that I bring some pretty impressive credentials to the table.  I've been with the company for 8 years, I've donned virtually every job title you can imagine and at both work and home I'm constantly surrounded by the core of the movement.

But even I need help now and again.  Despite being so optimally placed to know what's going on in the Myachi world, I occasionally miss some of the big stuff.  But that's okay.  I've got a pretty impressive army of knowledgeable Myachi Maniacs to keep me informed.

One such slip was discovered when I hopped on the forum this morning.  Draco had pointed out that there were some changes to the Myachi home page.  Nothing major, mind you.  The scrolling Myachis at the bottom have been temporarily supplanted by a note about our upcoming tournament (more on that tomorrow) and the links along the top of the page have changed a bit.

But that last bit is the important bit.  Much of it was just a reshuffling to make things make more sense to the first time visitor.  A lot of the stuff was consolidated under common headings so there aren't so many options.  But there's also a new section titled "Think" along the top with two links that weren't on the homepage before.  One is to the Myachi forum and the other is to this blog.

The link to the forum is critical.  Since we updated the site and there hasn't been a direct line for new jammers to find it, the forum has gotten fewer and fewer new members.  Most of the members now are coming from friends of other established players or small groups from one area or school all joining at the same time.  Bringing in more eyeballs to the forum is huge and it should make a noticeable difference on the activity there (which is at near record levels despite the lack of an easy link).

As for the link to the blog, well... it should be obvious that I'm pretty stoked about that.  The comments section is radically underused as it is so we'll always welcome more eyeballs here.

And remember, if there's ever something that I've missed; a cool Myachi You-Tube video, for example, or maybe a new fan site that somebody built; don't hesitate to shoot me an email.  Even if you just have a question that you'd like to see addressed on the blog, shoot me a line at crazyivan@myachi.com and let me know.  I'm always looking for new topics and I'm human... I miss a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment