Saturday, June 18, 2011

This Is Not a Blog Post

by Crazy Ivan

This is not a blog post.  I know that it has many of the features of a blog post.  It contains words and punctuation marks and those words and those punctuation marks are organized into coherent sentences, which are further divided into paragraphs.  That, when combined with the fact that it is posted on a blog, would lead the untrained eye to whole-heartedly accept that this was, in fact, a blog post.

The reason that I know that it's not a blog post is that I know for a fact that I'm too tired to write a blog post. Every muscle in my body is aching and there are muscles that I was unaware of altogether that have chosen to make their existence known to me for the first time.  My ischiocrurale and my flexor retinaculum are sore.  Who even knew such muscles existed?  And what's more, how could a person with a sore flexor reinaculum possibly type out a blog post?

So despite the illusory blog post like nature of this collection of letters, I can say with certainty that in my expert opinion, this is not a blog post.  This does, of course, leave an open question as to what, exactly, this is.

There are a few likely candidates.  It could be an exercise in automatic writing.  It could be the free exchange of information through some heretofore undiscovered medium.  It could be that a spontaneous moment of insanity left you in a trance like state in which you hallucinated the existence of a blog post where none actually existed.

It's also possible, I suppose, that this is something entirely new to the universe.  It is something that is not a blog post despite appearing in so many ways to be a blog post.  Perhaps there is not yet a term in any language for what this is, as it is a phenomena unique to the world, a contrivance too rare and fleeting to deserve an appellation.

To be sure, I fully expect a blog post to appear in the near future.  It will have a point and everything.  And I'll restrict my vocabulary a bit and probably write about Myachi.  And if I don't write about Myachi, I'll at least talk about something.  Between now and then, I sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I now have my inspiration to write a book. This just oozes pure class. Awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete