Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jam With Everything

by Crazy Ivan

I've talked before on the blog about jamming with odd objects.  It's kind of a natural progression of Myachi Mania that once you get good with a Myachi, you wind up testing your skills with anything vaguely Myachi shaped that you come across.  From ketchup packets to matchbooks to candy bars, everything starts looking like a Myachi after a while.

One of the most common (and most dangerous) manifestations of this tendency is the "phone jam".  As often as I warn people not to do it, I constantly see people jamming with their cell phones.  Now, under certain circumstances, it's okay to jam with your phone.  I jam with my phone all the time because I meet the 3 primary phone-jamming criteria:
  • I paid for my own phone,
  • It's a cheap piece of junk and
  • I'm a Myachi Master.
I wouldn't recommend doing any phone jamming if you can't honestly claim at least two of those three things.  Much better than jamming with your own phone and suffering through the inevitable heart-attack when you drop, it's much better to just watch somebody else do it:



And before you ask, yes... Mav dropped an iPhone during the filming there.  He also dropped an iTouch.  And the other iPhone.

The point is that no matter how good you are, when you start jamming with odd objects, you have to count on the idea that occasionally you're going to drop them.  If it's too valuable to break, it's too valuable to jam with.  Dropping something like a packet of mayo or a box of Nerds isn't going to get you grounded.  And even if you're not in danger of getting grounded, you're at least in danger of not having a phone.

So, as we often say in Myachi, just because you see us doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment