Saturday, June 18, 2011

Filming the Trick of the Day

by Crazy Ivan

So on yesterday's trick of the day video I kind of broke the illusion.  If you never went by anything but what you saw on You-Tube, you'd think I never dropped.  Of course, I figure most people know that this is the byproduct of me refilming the video if and when I drop.  But even if you know that, the illusion is still (more or less) there.

But on last night's video I messed up in the editing.  You don't actually see a drop, but at the very beginning of the video you hear me telling Pinky to "just keep rolling", which is clearly because I screwed up the last one.

We were doing a mad tough video and it actually took me four tries to get it.  Even when I did it was a pretty hum-drum catch I made, but we were too busy for me to try it again.  Then I got home after 13 hours of work and set to editing it.  To be perfectly honest, I was just trying to get it done as quickly as possible so that I could go to bed.  When I saw that the editing was less than perfect, I just shrugged and said "whatever".

I'm reminded of a recent TOTD video I did where Shadow guest starred (the Stiff Arm).  He watched me filming the intro and the first time around I dropped in my little intro shred.  He was blown away.  He'd never seen a Myachi Master drop before.  What was sad about the whole ordeal is that I dropped on something super easy at the time.  Can't recall what it was, but anyone who watches the Trick of the Day knows that my little intro shreds never contain really tough tricks... or at least, almost never.

So I figure it's time to fess up.  Yes.  I drop.  What's more, all the Myachi Masters drop.  And I'd hate for it to be any other way.  The reason it feels good to hit a hard trick is because of the long string of drops behind it.  It would be no fun to play the game if you hit every trick every time.  Sure, you'd never lose at MYACH, but you'd also never feel like you'd really accomplished anything.

As we're fond of saying in Myachi, dropping is a sign of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment