Thursday, June 9, 2011

Raring to Go

by Crazy Ivan

To be perfectly honest, I'm doing all I can not to just write about going to Dollywood every day on this blog.  It's all that's on my mind.  I'm so fired up about going back to my roots, seeing some old friends, hiking some familiar trails, hooking back up with veteran jammers and sweating about 3 gallons a day for two months plus.

More than that, I'm looking forward to taking Bones and Bamboo through Myachi boot camp.  I'm looking forward to expanding their experience with Myachi and helping them to take their Myachi Mastery to the next level.  I'm looking forward to watching them learn this venue the same way I learned it.

And I'm looking forward to living in a cabin with a hot tub and a pool table for a couple months.  That's pretty cool, too.

But, on the other hand, there are a lot of things in NYC that I'm not looking forward to doing without for a month.  Most of it is personal stuff... you know, my bed, my cats, my guitar, my collection (which is definitely not coming).  But there are also all the people that I'll be missing for two months.  And all the general awesome New Yorkiness of the summer.  And the slackline... which would be awesome to have in Tennessee.

Anyway, the next few days will be a crazy, chaotic scramble to get everything in order before we ship out.  Pinky has to get all her office work covered for a couple of months and I've gotta figure out how I'm going to do stuff like shipping out contest prizes and getting the trick of the day video up.  And don't worry, I'll still be blogging when I get down there.  I'll probably try to write a couple things every night and set them to drop at different times since I won't be able to write during the day.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there...

No comments:

Post a Comment