Monday, June 27, 2011

My E-Mail Situation

by Crazy Ivan

As you may know by now, I'm not particularly computer-friendly.  I love computers and the incredible changes they've made in the world.  I love having an infinite resource of information (some of which is accurate) at my finger tips at all times.  I love never having to suffer through the "what else have I seen that actor in?" headaches that plagued me as a youth.  I love being a quick Googling away from settling virtually any argument.

But I still find myself constantly grumbling "I hate computers..."

I'm not very technically inclined when it comes to these suckers.  I got my first computer when I was 11 years old, but all the training on a Commodore 64 doesn't come in handy very often on the computers of the day.

Somewhat primitive compared to Windows7

Which means that when I have problems with my e-mail, I lack the vocabulary and knowledge to even explain exactly what the problem is.  I've been unable to check my e-mail since I got to Tennessee and after talking to my tech-buddy in NYC it's sounding increasingly like I won't be able to check it until I get back.

That's gonna mess things up for me 100 different ways, of course, but for the purposes of the blog, it puts me in a pretty awkward position for anyone who e-mailed me pics for the outdoor photo contest.  Anything that was transmitted by e-mail will be condemned to float in the purgatory of cyberspace for the next month and a half while I'm down here in the mountains.

Which means that if you sent a pic, you'll have to find another way to get it to me.  Facebook is the first and best choice, but you could also send it to me on the forum (once we get the forum back up and running).  Barring that you can leave the photobucket of flickr (or whatever) link in the comments section below.  The contest isn't scheduled to end until the 29th, so there's still plenty of time to get your pics in. 

So far the field is pretty narrow, but if it's anything like the previous photo contests we've done, most of the entries will come in the next 48 hours.  Got my fingers crossed that there are some awesome ones yet to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment