Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hitting the Road Early...

by Crazy Ivan

Just a word of warning everyone.  It's 11:00 now, which means I'm already up later than I meant to be tonight.  Getting up at 4:00 and hitting the road at 5:00 for the 12 hour trip to Dollywood.  Bones and Bamboo are already upstairs getting ready to pass out, the car is loaded up, the van is full of product and we're almost ready to depart.

But first the fitful sleep.  It's like that Christmas Eve sleep... you know, the sleep where you're so excited about what you're doing tomorrow you barely sleep at all?  That's what I have to look forward to for the next 5 hours.

The road trip should be fun.  Never traveled with Bones or Bamboo before and we're caravaning down with Kid driving up in the van.  With a little luck on traffic, we'll be there in time to catch game 7.

The downside is that I won't be able to update the blog at all tomorrow.  I'll get on in the evening once we're checked into the cabin and give everyone a little update on how the trip went.  If I have time, maybe we can put together a video tour of our summer home, which we have already dubbed "The Cabin of Skills"... because we're way too predictable.

The Trick of the Day will also be getting to you late and I might be deliriously tired when I do it, but as long as we don't have trouble getting Internet access the first night, it will be uploaded before midnight.  Now let's see if I can manage any sleep...

1 comment:

  1. When I stayed in tennesee I stayed in cabins all the up in the smoky mountains. They're gigantic, like 5 rooms and completely loaded with games in the basement. How cool would that be if you guys were stay in the same one I was?

    To get there you have to go up a really narrow steep road for what seems like 10 miles.

    ~Rotscale

    ReplyDelete